The New Raith Rovers Thread

50 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I'd like to see a first half back line on Saturday of Millen, Watson, Dick, Patterson.

Just to satisfy my curiosity 

I wouldn’t be surprised if you got your wish. Liam Dick is good for covering at centre half but I definitely wouldn’t want to be relying on him, Corr or Masson as a starter once the serious stuff starts. Although I’d also not be adverse to seeing us sign Patterson, I’d much rather see us bring in another proven CH before we sign a left back.

Edited by Jilted John

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if you got your wish. Liam Dick is good for covering at centre half but I definitely wouldn’t want to be relying on him, Corr or Masson as a starter once the serious stuff starts. Although I’d also not be adverse to seeing us sign Patterson, I’d much rather see us bring in another proven CH before we sign a left back.

Thing is though Dick isn't to hot as a left back so that in itself leaves us weak down that side, plus playing at CB he'll no get a nosebleed getting to close to the halfway line 😂, it may well be that we're looking to fill both positions, but since hes been wearing the armband Murray must see him as starting somewhere in that back line

2 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I get that Liam Dick could play at CH and he’s probably better there than at LB but I still think we need another 1 in both positions and as I said I’m not against Patterson signing if something could be worked out with Hartlepool but I’m getting the impression by the Raith tv on commentary that Patterson is only in helping us atm since he’s still a Hartlepool player and you don’t get anything for friendlies etc 

That’s where I’m at…

Sign Patterson as the backup LB with an opportunity to displace Dick as the starter, if IM judges he’s ready for that…but he has played a wee bit at this level and at EL2 level. Dick can then also be the experienced cover at CB.

Corr is close the starting caliber already, and Masson as well. Corr wouldn’t make much sense on loan given the one year deal was agreed with him trying to get Championship level playing exposure and we fought to get him. Masson perhaps would if a League One (or perhaps Two) starting spot was (relatively) assured until January. His delay signing made it clear he expects a chance or a loan this year. If we had 2 more CB’s in, OR a LB starter to allow Dick to cover CB, I think the team is complete until a nice loanee pops up.

Going off the game last night, Corr isn't ready to start as a first choice center half at championship level but hes not far off given a few games here and there think he will grow onto it.

Masson definitely isn't ready needs a season playing regularly.

Watson looked very soild , enjoys the physical side of it.

Some of the link up play between Vaughan-Mullin-Smith-Easton was brilliant.

Ross Matthews, once he found his bearings ran the show.

Arnott looked very decent after coming on neat and tidy with his passing.

20 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Twitter is going to be an interesting place to be over the next day or so… 

IMG_7456.jpeg

He owes it to his wife and children to just shut up fade into obscurity, realise his actions have consequences and that the stigma of his behaviour will follow him around forever, and that his footballing days are over

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Not having that as a legit account. 

Quite a few of the followers seem to be folk he'd likely be tied up with in before.

Whatever he's got to say is pretty irrelevant now. It'll no doubt be along the lines of: never convicted/found guilty, there was no backlash before leaving Clyde (there was), it's all down to Sturgeon and Val that he left Rovers (it wasn't), he just wants to do what he loves. 

Can't imagine how shit it must be for Denise Clair who continually has to see this get dragged up every few months. 

22 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Quite a few of the followers seem to be folk he'd likely be tied up with in before.

Whatever he's got to say is pretty irrelevant now. It'll no doubt be along the lines of: never convicted/found guilty, there was no backlash before leaving Clyde (there was), it's all down to Sturgeon and Val that he left Rovers (it wasn't), he just wants to do what he loves. 

Can't imagine how shit it must be for Denise Clair who continually has to see this get dragged up every few months. 

True but Denise Clair at least gets to see him suffer some actual consequences for his action where in the past all she saw was him play on all be it at a lower level with little to no real consequences.  As stated above by SirJimmyofNic it’s time he realised his career as a footballer is finished and just faded into obscurity as David Robertson has. 

9 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

True but Denise Clair at least gets to see him suffer some actual consequences for his action where in the past all she saw was him play on all be it at a lower level with little to no real consequences.  

Very fair, I'd never thought about it that way. 

Ticket bought for Pars cup game (£18 seems reasonable), buzzing now for the season to start.  Murray seems to have done some decent business and so far we look a stronger squad than last season. Guess we’ll maybe see another defender coming in possibly two and that’ll be about us done for the window. Interesting to see what we put out against Kelty as it’s a Fife Cup game rather than a friendly but I expected Murray will treat it the same as the last two matches. Kelty, East Fife and Pars not a bad run of games for a bit of local interest.