The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I like the idea of having the tartan involved for a change.

That said from a design perspective it's a fucking mess. The flat collar which has an additional collar that only comes half way round the neck is bizarre, the tartan on the sleeves against the navy body of the garment is too much. I think strangely enough it would actually have worked better having tartan sleeves on a white shirt because you have break in the colours. Or a tartan body with white sleeves.  The use of tartan has to be subtle either down the side or on the cuffs in this instance. 

Blue shorts and socks make it look worse and the socks look like they were recycled from the half and half kit 2 years ago.  White would have at least broken it up a bit. 

It's definetly a marmite kit. 

It does look a wee bit like someone blew up a homeless person and sewed their clothes back together thou…

Just now, Beastie Russell said:

Not quite getting the ‘New Chapter, Same Heritage’ strap line

Apart from the colour of the top there’s nothing in that design that could be linked to heritage 

The tartan goes back a good few decades, to be fair. 

I'm definitely not into the top, but it probably works better as a supporters top than it does as a full kit. I'm not one for wearing football shirts, but the full navy isn't going to be as over-the-score if you're not also wearing navy shorts and socks. 

It feels like a missed opportunity to me. I've really liked the Joma kits up til now, I think we've had much more 'unique' fare from them, but this feels like too many people have had input on the shirt and all been allowed to pick their favourite bit, chucked on top of off-the-shelf shorts and socks. Change (or remove) just a couple of details and it becomes a much more cohesive piece of kit. 

It's not a complete eye-sore. We'll get used to it very quickly, and it's not the kind that you're going to dread seeing in photos in a few years if we have a good season. 

Fingers crossed the away kit has a bit more about it, though. 

9 minutes ago, pub car king said:

On a slightly related note, Where's the training kit and I thought they were going to sort out the online shop? 

Been wondering this also. Really like the shirts they used during the first pre-season sessions.

FB_IMG_1688142804226.thumb.jpg.2a36e316412da2c851e836d71d59f323.jpg

3 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Will we ever see a kit with white shorts and socks again?? 😞

These are essentially if you want to win this league, it's no coincidence we were at our most successful in white socks and haven't been in the top league since we abandoned them.