The New Raith Rovers Thread

Even Sinky came through the youth system at Dunfermline.

And just to create a bit of seethe among both sets of fans - we both had Iain Munro and Jocky Scott as manager (along with Farm, Paton and Sandy Archibald if we're really going back).

Guido Van De Kamp another that I don’t thinks been mentioned.

I still have a feeling we’ll end up with Murray and I’d be happy enough with that. He’s a solid Championship defender and there doesn’t look to be anything obviously better out there. I think I’d rather take the punt now than gamble that better will be available later on (assuming we have a chance to sign him obviously).

On another note, really encouraging to see the club send a survey out regarding Saturday. Not everything was perfect at the weekend (and it won’t be when you implement multiple changes at once) but being keen to learn and improve and take on board feedback from supporters is a good sign. 

5 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Even Sinky came through the youth system at Dunfermline.

And just to create a bit of seethe among both sets of fans - we both had Iain Munro and Jocky Scott as manager (along with Farm, Paton and Sandy Archibald if we're really going back).

The biggest Seeth manager wise has to be Yogi 🤮

12 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I still have a feeling we’ll end up with Murray

I’m the same tbh as theres nothing really solid out their suggestion he’s off to the premiership plus he’s just been released from Hartlepool so there is a chance to sign him, St Johnstone fan just suggested him and their was a rovers fan on twitter saying he’s off to the premiership but I think he was just getting people talking/opinions 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

18 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Guido Van De Kamp another that I don’t thinks been mentioned.

I really liked Guido as a keeper at Raith, he wasn’t spectacular but i just had a soft spot for him. Although he did sound like a barking seal when he shouted “OUT!!!” at his defence. I remember after an end of season game, he launched his gloves into the crowd, i caught one and christ knows what direction the other one went. 

15 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

I really liked Guido as a keeper at Raith, he wasn’t spectacular but i just had a soft spot for him. Although he did sound like a barking seal when he shouted “OUT!!!” at his defence. I remember after an end of season game, he launched his gloves into the crowd, i caught one and christ knows what direction the other one went. 

Probably over the Main Stand like most of his goal kicks 😂

18 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Decent keeper and good guy. Three things stick out in my memory about him, first one being when he let a Kevin Fotheringham pass back slip under his foot straight into the net on the last day at home to Accies. 😀 Second one the phantom "goal" at Tynecastle when we were tied 2-2 in the League Cup and the lineo decided he had carried a cross over the line. I believe the away dressing room door was off its hinges at FT over that one, LOL. The third one was him booting the ball at Paul Tosh as they both lay in the net having got in a fankle away at Stirling as they knocked out the Scottish in 2001, I think that was about the same time he went nuclear in the paper about not getting paid and Tosh got the the brunt of that frustration.

1 minute ago, bobbykdy said:

Decent keeper and good guy. Three things stick out in my memory about him, first one being when he let a Kevin Fotheringham pass back slip under his foot straight into the net on the last day at home to Accies. 😀 Second one the phantom "goal" at Tynecastle when we were tied 2-2 in the League Cup and the lineo decided he had carried a cross over the line. I believe the away dressing room door was off its hinges at FT over that one, LOL. The third one was him booting the ball at Paul Tosh as they both lay in the net having got in a fankle away at Stirling as they knocked out the Scottish in 2001, I think that was about the same time he went nuclear in the paper about not getting paid and Tosh got the the brunt of that frustration.

I forgot about him going to the papers about that. He was some boy. That hamilton game was the one he launched his gloves. I remember that back pass and just sitting with my head in my hands after it. 

1 minute ago, buchan30 said:

I forgot about him going to the papers about that. He was some boy. That hamilton game was the one he launched his gloves. I remember that back pass and just sitting with my head in my hands after it. 

I saw Fotheringham out with the Dairs in Nichols later that night and said to him while a lil worse for wear "some goal today Kev" his reply "DID I FUCKING MEAN IT LIKE!?" 😄