The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Stanton is indeed only contracted through seasons end. He’ll be expensive to re-sign right now, which unfortunately is a consideration. Honestly, I think there’s a greater chance of him being signed away at the January window than re-signed before seasons end. He’s 29, and looks capable of English League Two, if not League One or Scottish Premiership play. This may be his (last) chance to break into those ranks, so I don’t see him rushing to sign a new contract with Raith, unless it’s very generous…probably more generous than we can really afford right now. This is the ugly reality of Fitba.

At season’s end we could be looking at a drop in form and less interest, be looking to sign players for the Premiership next season, or wondering exactly what we can afford to offer him…I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

#We're on the march with Murray's Army#

58 minutes ago, TxRover said:

So we now have Murray with a shoulder niggle, Watson missed this week with a leg issue, Corr still unavailable with a toe issue, Hamilton with a concern, and Millen perhaps still with a wee niggle…peak Rovers!

Frustrating as in the forward areas he’s got ever player to choose from - Vaughan, Easton, Stanton, Hamilton, Connolly, Smith, Mullin. That’s after loaning out 3 players too! 

Key to our season likely to be having Murray and Watson playing the majority of games. 

Corr has went from looking not far away to hobbling up to his seat yesterday and Watson whilst not using them had crutches in his hand. 

On the assumption Murray can play vs United I’d move Dick into the CB and bring in McGill. 

Just want to apologise about a gif I put up yesterday to a fellow Rovers fan, what appeared to be a GIRUY gif, I responded like a child. I’ve deleted my post and won’t lower myself like that again to fellow fans even if we disagree on everything. Views are views, mines can be hurtful and unfair. 

Anyway, a rare away win at Somerset Park, against a strong and stuffy team and a little heated too. These are the games and stadiums you want be at. 

27 minutes ago, Surely No said:

With the cash saved on punting Ethan Ross out on loan use it wisely and tie down Sam Stanton now. 🤔Or are we really skint. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Barrowman said in last interview we were slightly over budget until recently, but that adjustments meant that we were not where we should be. 

Yesterday's game showed what we can do with the ball on the ground, even with the Hamilton option, I'd like to hope we still just get it down and stop the long ball forward option, more often than not. 

I'd also like to think that this call for a strongest 11 be put to bed. We have a strong squad overall, and can swap players out based on opposition and circumstance. Which is a much better position to be in. Much happier to see our best 11 be based on individual games instead of overall

So couldn’t make the game yesterday managed to watch it on tv. Have to say the Ayr commentators were comedy gold 🤣

never heard such biased commentary on all my days! Have to say it made the win even sweeter! 

thought our ladies were fantastic the first half especially! 

looking forward to next week!

30 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

So couldn’t make the game yesterday managed to watch it on tv. Have to say the Ayr commentators were comedy gold 🤣

never heard such biased commentary on all my days! Have to say it made the win even sweeter! 

thought our ladies were fantastic the first half especially! 

looking forward to next week!

*laddies sorry my auto correct is not playing ball today!

On holiday in Spain and took the tablet down to the bar to watch Raith TV.

Appears from the chat board they got refused permission to show pics by Ayr TV folk after the clubs agreed. Wasn't paying for their services if they refused to play ball.

Hotel put the game on their "stick", lasted half an hour with the comms. Just wildly unbalanced. Watched the rest with Raith TV comms in the earphones , though a bit out of synch much matter. 

Is it just the case clubs can say no or are there rules they aren't respecting? Seems there are a good few working together so got last week's Airdrie game. Never thought I would say "Good guys at Airdrie"

Also thought individual pay per View wasn't allowed so how can Ayr sell a 1 game "subscription"? For Rovers it would have been a monthly pass if it been home games. 

Would add the growth in Club coverage is something else. Chatted to a Swindon Town fan who was trying to get his game and we noted its now an issue if you don't get coverage. I am of the age group where teletext was the up to date way to stay in touch. In the recentish past calling home to get a score wasn't unheard of. 

Seems in England they have a system called I follow where clubs add their comms to shared pics. 

37 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I'm guessing the highlights were provided by Ayr, now this is meant as no disrespect to anyone involved at either Ayr or Raith TV but the camera angle is poor whybwas it so low down? 

The RaithTV highlights for this game were filmed by RaithTV in the only space allowed to film, which was a pitchside gantry in front of home supporters. There will be a credit on the highlights package if the footage was provided by someone else.

As to why that’s the only filming position, that’s one for Ayr. At Stark’s a cable is run from one side of the pitch to the other to try and get the best angle possible and keep the cameras from both clubs undercover, but this may not be possible there.

Edited by Roath Raver

11 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

The RaithTV highlights for this game were filmed by RaithTV in the only space allowed to film, which was a pitchside gantry in front of home supporters. There will be a credit on the highlights package if the footage was provided by someone else.

As to why that’s the only filming position, that’s one for Ayr. At Stark’s a cable is run from one side of the pitch to the other to try and get the best angle possible and keep the cameras from both clubs undercover, but this may not be possible there.

I doubt we’re keen on setting up a gantry either on or right in front of a building site. The BBC were happy to do it but I’d imagine/hope that once we’ve got the new stand up we can use it for highlights. I know we had a camera up there last season that just filmed a wide angle of the pitch and it was used for analysis for the coaching staff. 

1 hour ago, Always next quarter said:

On holiday in Spain and took the tablet down to the bar to watch Raith TV.

Appears from the chat board they got refused permission to show pics by Ayr TV folk after the clubs agreed. Wasn't paying for their services if they refused to play ball.

Hotel put the game on their "stick", lasted half an hour with the comms. Just wildly unbalanced. Watched the rest with Raith TV comms in the earphones , though a bit out of synch much matter. 

Is it just the case clubs can say no or are there rules they aren't respecting? Seems there are a good few working together so got last week's Airdrie game. Never thought I would say "Good guys at Airdrie"

Also thought individual pay per View wasn't allowed so how can Ayr sell a 1 game "subscription"? For Rovers it would have been a monthly pass if it been home games. 

Would add the growth in Club coverage is something else. Chatted to a Swindon Town fan who was trying to get his game and we noted its now an issue if you don't get coverage. I am of the age group where teletext was the up to date way to stay in touch. In the recentish past calling home to get a score wasn't unheard of. 

Seems in England they have a system called I follow where clubs add their comms to shared pics. 

IFollow is decent, I used it quite a bit to follow Brentford when they were in the Championship. As you say the feed (multiple angles and highlight) is the same for both sides, but depending on whether you paid for the home or away side determined what comms you got. 

There needs to be a grownup conversation about streaming at this level, I'm firmly behind the idea that the home team should get the proceeds. However since they've now made subscriptions mandatory how does that work? I'm not sure on prices around the table but that could, and would end up expensive. 

I was there yesterday and thought it was weird for AyrTV (what it looked like) to film so low down near us in the rain!

I looked about the ground at half time and couldn’t understand why they think it’s a good way to do it. It’s probably easy to suggest that they simply put the cameras where the commentators sit and move them, or Ayr builds something on the opposite side when there isn’t work going on. From that video it looks like maybe the pillars could obstruct a camera further back in the stand so maybe that is why it is further forward. There are probably decent reasons why they have it there at the moment (power, internet, etc.), but it doesn’t look as good as footage from other grounds because it’s too low down imo.

Edited by Raithfan2711

2 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

IFollow is decent, I used it quite a bit to follow Brentford when they were in the Championship. As you say the feed (multiple angles and highlight) is the same for both sides, but depending on whether you paid for the home or away side determined what comms you got. 

There needs to be a grownup conversation about streaming at this level, I'm firmly behind the idea that the home team should get the proceeds. However since they've now made subscriptions mandatory how does that work? I'm not sure on prices around the table but that could, and would end up expensive. 

I usually go to games but from what I’ve seen of streams at this level is that it seems like these streams are all volunteer led and appear to have big differences in terms of technical skill in their execution (some have no replays and only one camera angle).

Any joined up approach would surely need massive investment, and is it even worth it when clubs can’t stream in the UK at 3pm?

To ensure consistency they would need to supply clubs with the same equipment and training. Then you have the issue of these volunteers suddenly becoming almost employees for a larger service?

RaithTV get their highlights out generally as quick as possible but some clubs wait until later which suggests not everyone has the time as well.

For me, unless someone is willing to change the rules to allow UK residents to watch the games and throw some decent cash at it, let the clubs run their own services up to Premier league, and create a service for that competition. The numbers are small and it keeps people in touch with their club.