The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Could we please not talk about Iain Munro, 27 years has not been long enough to heal the scars of an absolute bombscare appointment of a manager when our stock had never been higher. 

You have to acknowledge the bad times to fully enjoy the good times.

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Looking at the seat map, a 6,000 plus crowd looks on again. I wonder when we last achieved that for successive home games? 

2 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Without checking, I'm going to hazard a guess at November 1996. We had Rangers then the Pars in the space of a fortnight. Iain Munro's brand of football had us flocking through the turnstiles. A heroic draw against Rangers and there's no doubt the signing and debut of Odd Areld put a couple of thousand on the gate for the Dunfermline game.

2014-2015…lost both 0-4…

23 Aug 2014 vs. Hearts, 6,105

12 Sept 2014 vs. Rangers, 6,250

EDIT: Failed…5,925 announced.

Edited by TxRover

Up there with the Airdrie performance that but somehow got the win. Thought we were awful going forward-hardly worked the ball into feet until Easton came on.

Well deserved Man of the Match for Kev.

Defence solid enough with Brown making a couple of cracking interceptions.

Thought Byrne had his poorest game for us but still battled away.

McGill and Mullin gave us nothing going forward. Really wanted McGill to take his chance today as well-maybe better suited playing more central.

Easton showed what he’s all about by setting up the goal and great finish by Stanton.

Another 3 points though.

Another big game on Tuesday to try and keep pressure on United.

I have no idea why mcgill started at lm/lw today. Not a slight on him as a player but he doesn't appear to have a left foot to cross or pass the ball. Young guy though and he hasn't ever let us down, even if I don't think he offered much in that role today. Mullen probably had his worst game for us today also. Didn't offer much at all and it was probably a toss up between the two for who connolly came on for. 

@raith rovers board give stanton a new deal ffs. Make him sign it and also @ Ian Murray, stop playing him deep! First name on the team sheet, just behind the striker for me.

Dabrowski is quite clearly growing in confidence and it was great to see him just swat away jakubiak at one of those awkward ones today. Great shot stopper, his kicking and general distribution is improving as well. He's also such a likeable and enthusiastic guy, it's hard not to get behind him... 

For me today, you put brown in to cm with dick at cb and McGill lb. Stanton/smith/Vaughan can all play lw, smith/Vaughan can lead the line with that. Was a strange lineup for me but it ultimately paid off so credit to Murray for it. Speaking of Murray, euan was a rock today and has been a great signing for us. 

10 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Without checking, I'm going to hazard a guess at November 1996. We had Rangers then the Pars in the space of a fortnight. Iain Munro's brand of football had us flocking through the turnstiles. A heroic draw against Rangers and there's no doubt the signing and debut of Odd Areld put a couple of thousand on the gate for the Dunfermline game.

I was talking to the guy behind me today about Odd Areld. 2 fouls, 3 foul shys, only been on the pitch 2 mins and subbed off again never heard from since. We need another Soren Andersson up front and a Kent Bergerson.

Edited by MICMAC

11 hours ago, pub car king said:

Could we please not talk about Iain Munro, 27 years has not been long enough to heal the scars of an absolute bombscare appointment of a manager when our stock had never been higher. 

Haud on, we had just had the Janny and Tam McLean for 7 days at that point, stock had never been higher is very much stretching it. I think we were going down from day dot that season, we were fucking awful.

24 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Haud on, we had just had the Janny and Tam McLean for 7 days at that point, stock had never been higher is very much stretching it. I think we were going down from day dot that season, we were fucking awful.

Jimmy Thomson the Janny 😂😂😂😂

28 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Haha. We're having to win every single week just to stay ahead. It's intense. I am rather enjoying it.

With the squad you've put together you're surely expecting to win most weeks. Quality throughout the squad and also Glenn Middleton

6 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Some result yesterday, fair play. We just can't shake you buggers off ;)

Dont panic, the clocks went back last night 😉

But somehow with this squad we've assembled I dont think we'll suffer from it , be great if we can both keep this up till seasons end though