The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Well if he isn't being recalled, why the feck did they cuptie him, ???

Pretty standard clause tbh, pretty sure we will have done that with players we have loaned out. we have Byrne on a season long loan. I do find it very unlikely that he will be recalled given the options they have in that position

8 minutes ago, SerieA said:

If that was the case it would’ve been a loan until January.He’s on a season long loan.Dundee have no injuries of note and are doing ok.I can’t see him being recalled 

Agreed. All this Dundee will recall him to make us pay money has vibes of if my granny had wheels 

7 minutes ago, SerieA said:

If that was the case it would’ve been a loan until January.He’s on a season long loan.Dundee have no injuries of note and are doing ok.I can’t see him being recalled 

Yes hes on a season long loan, but that doesn't stop them recalling him if they so desire and given they exercised the right to cup tie him, they may well exercise their right to recall him (if they want something in return). if  he plays against the Pars I'll breathe a lot easier

9 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Yes hes on a season long loan, but that doesn't stop them recalling him if they so desire and given they exercised the right to cup tie him, they may well exercise their right to recall him (if they want something in return). if  he plays against the Pars I'll breathe a lot easier

He’ll be playing against Pars

11 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Still have that worry that we have to scrore a shit ton of goals before we lose the aforementioned as I typed above😢

Edited by Stardog_champion

2 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

This. The team have been excellent this season and don’t want to be too harsh on them but I feel anyone that thinks we have a genuine chance at the title after the last two games is kidding themselves on.

Whether our aspirations are 1st, 2nd or even 8th the point dropped, particularly in the circumstances of our last 2 home games are truly dreadful results. Still in a very good position for 2nd which would have been an excellent achievement before a ball was kicked but much improvement needed for Tuesday.

Yep. Agree with these posts. I don't understand why almost every time we concede one goal we seem to concede a second soon after almost every time. We must learn to keep the head and just see the next 10 minutes through and get back on top. 

Also, Stanton is a huge loss and it's going to be a long few weeks without him. 

49 minutes ago, pub car king said:

The issue with Byrne is that Dundee may recall to him to try and get a fee for him now before his contract expires in the summer. 

If we hold out it could knacker us in January. 

Dundee did the same with Sam Fisher. 

I think the Partick game was the first sign of it, losing 3 goals at home but getting the win you can overlook.

Then we grab a win at Arbroath on a shite night before the win in Dundee. 

Since then we have had 2 poor performances at home despite scoring 6 goals we've conceded some absolute shockers and today at least thrown away 2 points.

I’m not sure cockiness is a word I’d be using to describe any of the player performances in the last two games.

I’m genuinely not sure if it’s fatigue, a complacency or just being otherwise off the boil but there’s a real malaise has permeated the last two games. Midfield losing their battles, attacking players playing as really talented individuals but not a unit/pack & a defence that’s lost the run of itself on more than one occasion.

Byrne was pish against Ayr but he was missed today IMO. Brown is a very pragmatic midfielder but we needed someone who could take the ball from the defence, turn & get it forward. The long balls over the top most often turned to shit because of the wind. On that note, some of the offside decisions over the 90’ do not reflect well on the players (not always Hamilton). You can’t be getting caught offside as often as that. 

Thought that was a really good honest interview from Murray. 

We just need to see what changes for Tuesday now. A lot will need to change otherwise we won’t come away with anything. 

Despite losing two goals today I thought the problem was the midfield and the attack. 

Smith didn’t work up top beside Hamilton IMO and Vaughan playing behind the strikers is not as good as Vaughan playing as a second striker and he’s certainly not as good in that position as Stanton is. 
There didn’t seem to be much of a link between the middle and front today, the amount of long balls where Smith or Hamilton got caught off side was horrendous. 
It wasn’t a terrible display and but for an absolute worldie of a strike we would have won the game but it was just a bit ‘meh’ and you don’t win titles with ‘meh’ displays against teams at the bottom of the league who are down to the bare bones. 

I think for Tuesday Byrne has to come in for Smith. 
The rest of the personnel can stay the same but Hamilton up top with Vaughan just off him, with Byrne and Brown at the base of the midfield to let us get a hold of the ball in the centre of the park. 

I’ll also put the new hat I got for Christmas in the bin and go back to wearing the old one just in case that’s the issue.