The New Raith Rovers Thread

That United result is a bit of a shiter they've fully turned round that 5 point advantage that we had. Now makes the game on the 16th must win for us, a draw is no good. They win that they are 7 points (eight realistically with that goal difference) clear and you might as well give them the trophy. 

Partick could still over take us but won't catch first place. 

3 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Our form collapsed at roughly the same time yours did, but we have the ability to grind out results when not playing well. Which is good, as we haven't played well in weeks.

Absolutely.

If you're not playing well, at least keep it tight and avoid shipping cheap goals. With the exception of the Morton game, United have done this. We haven't.

That’s softened the blow of last night seeing that lot getting scudded 5-0 and their fans in meltdown and  wanting mcpake axed on socials etc after having street parties and open top bus parades last night after we got beat 🤣

48 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Absolutely.

If you're not playing well, at least keep it tight and avoid shipping cheap goals. With the exception of the Morton game, United have done this. We haven't.

As mediocre as we have been, our defence has still been very good, aside from against George Oakley 

Think the team,players,performances,formations and IM have been comprehensively covered 

Singing section

I,m all for it but the young lads being given a section down the front out in the open ain,t going to generate noise/atmosphere.They need to be housed under the cover of the stand for that

Edited by Rovers_Lad

51 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I’d rather him over Millen or Dick Tbf at least he knows somewhat where to be when defending 

I don't think individually they're the big problem really, its the collective team being unable to defend coherently. I mean, neither are of the standard needed to be at the top of the league challenging for the premiership, thats understandable. What i'd give for a proper attacking fullback on one side and a capable central defender/fullback on the other that could make a back 3 when the attacking lad went forward. 

Look at their goal last night, Watson steps out of defence and is caught out by a ball over the top, Euan Murray then panic races after him and gets a bit of a block in. As a result Dick pushes into the middle to cover the hole left by both centre halfs being out of position, Millen moves into the centre as well. Our wide forwards (Easton and whoever was on the right?) fail to get back in and cover. Collectively the team panic and fail to clear any number of opportunities before the ball goes wide to Todorov who has just walked into the space left by our whole team being incapable of defending what started as a fairly easy ball over the top. 

Its an overall shambles of a setup, also not helped by our lack of an intelligent midfield or any consistency in lineups.

Had a dream last night.

We are 1 nil up against Airdrie in last league game.In the last minute I catch the ball behind the Airdrie goal.Josh Rae comes to get it and I boot the ball as far away as possible. The ref blows the whistle and we win 1 nil.

F U Josh Rae

21 hours ago, Frazd103 said:

Popcorn being eaten in West Fife, shovelling it in.

I assume when you typed this out you weren’t expecting to get ridden sideways by Morton in your own backyard.  Humble pie the night? 

Edited by San Starko Rover

2 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I watched some of the highlights from last night and took a screen shot of this. If we leave United players with this much space it will be a crushing defeat. 

BC65D21C-79EF-4581-8851-DCE9D6594035.jpeg

If we play like we did last night we’ll deserve an absolute scudding. Utd aren’t playing well themselves be we were abysmal, worst we’ve played for sometime.  

Edited by San Starko Rover

14 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I watched some of the highlights from last night and took a screen shot of this. If we leave United players with this much space it will be a crushing defeat. 

BC65D21C-79EF-4581-8851-DCE9D6594035.jpeg

I would as a sort of motivation/torture blow that up as big as possible and put it on the advertising board at starks park for the next 2 weeks. 

It is unforgiveable at this level.

22 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I would as a sort of motivation/torture blow that up as big as possible and put it on the advertising board at starks park for the next 2 weeks. 

It is unforgiveable at this level.

Not sure pointing out how shit our defence to the opposition would be the most wise approach, even if it is common knowledge at this stage. 

There's no doubt Murray will be gone by the end of the season. We're going to end up 5th and that will be the end of it for him. And I think we'll all be glad to see the back of him and his 'tactics'. 

That 3 year deal was a huge blunder from the board and I look forward to them spinning the positives of the cost of that on their next 6 monthly financial update. 

I hope our guys were watching the Falkirk v TNS semi (or will be) because the TNS gave a display of how to defend when it was really needed. No messing about. Just get tight on the attacker and get a tackle in, then get the ball away from the danger area either with an accurate pass or a blooter up the pitch.
Simple stuff if done correctly.

4 minutes ago, embow said:

I hope our guys were watching the Falkirk v TNS semi (or will be) because the TNS gave a display of how to defend when it was really needed. No messing about. Just get tight on the attacker and get a tackle in, then get the ball away from the danger area either with an accurate pass or a blooter up the pitch.
Simple stuff if done correctly.

They’ve got good defenders that know how to defend properly, they never seemed to panic but everytime the ball comes near our defence we’re shit scared but aye I agree they should be watching that, that’s the basics but we seem to struggle with that atm