The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

See there were a few incidents with flares again. Thrown on the pitch before and after the game. More concerning though, during the first half, a few lads were down in the toilets having to clean blue colouring from their faces after a flare was thrown at them, one lad was being checked by a steward to make sure he hadn't been burned. 

There were two tits near me who weren't sat there first half, but appeared second half sitting in two spare seats as there were a couple of season ticket holders couldn't make it.  Then when it was all kicking off with Hamilton and their keeper one of them tried to chuck what looked like a lighter at the Utd keeper. 

6 hours ago, Raithie said:

Not quite sure I can remember a celebration like that when Broons shot hit the back of the net. Just carnage everywhere you looked. 

Even my father-in-law, who really struggles to walk, jumped up as soon as that ball hit the net. Was like feckin Granpa Joe from Willy Wonka!

Was absolutely buzzing after that game, knew I had to get up at 4 but struggled to sleep last night.Kept seeing that worldie and my adrenaline peaked again and again. 😄

Hopefully we kick on now and go on another wee run. COYR

8 hours ago, SanStarko said:

There were two tits near me who weren't sat there first half, but appeared second half sitting in two spare seats as there were a couple of season ticket holders couldn't make it.  Then when it was all kicking off with Hamilton and their keeper one of them tried to chuck what looked like a lighter at the Utd keeper. 

I saw it land on the pitch, wasn't sure if it was a lighter or a vape.

Chucking a smoke bomb at our players at the end? Mental. Think it was Andy McNeil that just lifted it off the park though while getting moaned at by the steward. 

What a win. Think we all knew (including the players going by Browns interview) that a United win would’ve won them the league. So to get the win shows the character of this team-after the last 5 games as well.

Couple of really important saves from Kev in the 1st half.One or 2 dodgy moments in the 2nd half.Should’ve came for the one in the last minute but made up for it with a cracking save.

Back 4 got pulled about a bit early on-especially Brown down the right side.But we held on which I didn’t expect after previous weeks.Thought they were much better 2nd half.

Nice finish from Rudden.Didn’t win much against United CHs but neither did Hamilton when he came on.

United pegged us back most of the 2nd half.Looked game plan was to keep our shape and be solid-it worked defensively but we just couldn’t work the ball forward.

Subs changed the game for me.Brown-more intensity.Easton and Connolly got us higher up the park and both worked back well. Hamilton with the match winning tackle on the keeper-got the crowd and players up for last 20 minutes.

What a strike by Brown.Best I’ve seen sat in that South Stand.Best reaction I’ve seen from a goal in the South Stand. The sheer joy on the laddies face is what it’s all about.

Absolute joy to see the attendance as well.Home support was first class throughout.

1 point behind United.Just as important for me is 10 ahead of Partick-a defeat last night and a win for them today and a 4 point gap puts the pressure on us.

United and Goodwin looked a bit rattled.

Going to enjoy this one.Massive game down at Ayr next week now.

Forgot about Stanton.Back to his old self 1st half.Snapping at the edge of our own box and the United box. We are just a better team with him on the park. Felt out the game like the rest of our midfield for a large part of 2nd half. 86 minutes shows what time of man he is.

Edited by SerieA

A performance not without its frustrations or deficiencies but, my word, a vastly improved showing of character.

Across the park, the team looked more settled, more focused & - particularly in defence - more effective.

Still a little frustrating that for long spells the long ball to Rudden/Hamilton was the aim, despite Utd not having the run of the midfield you’d expect. However, the team (for the most part) proved itself more than capable of resetting to defend again & again.

Hamilton’s challenge on Walton was the catalyst for the win, IMO. It send a current through the players & the stands. The immediate aftermath to that was greeted almost as ferociously as the goals.

Murray got the subs - & timings - spot on last night too. Not changes simply for the sake of it but introductions that changed the game in our favour.

A performance bursting with fight. It’s easy to throw clichés about but that’ll do wonders for the players & coaching staff. Onto Ayr next weekend with renewed optimism. Meanwhile, the shadow of doubt looms larger than ever over Goodwin in the eyes of Utd’s supporters & (surely) board.

Oh, & Dabrowski. As someone who’s loved the big man since he came in, I’ve been delighted to see him develop through the season. Last night felt like a coming of age, of sorts. He was a colossus. An incredibly well deserved MOTM for the big handsome b*****d. 

1 hour ago, Laid Back Maverick said:

Chucking a smoke bomb at our players at the end? Mental. Think it was Andy McNeil that just lifted it off the park though while getting moaned at by the steward. 

Was Robbie who got it off the pitch, he looked fucking pissed off at the clown who had chucked it.,

1 hour ago, Laid Back Maverick said:

After the first goal, a smoke bomb was inches away from hitting a photographer.

I'm all for having a singing section, but I'd rather these guys just didn't come to Starks Park if that's how they carry on.  I've no problem at all with pyro in principle, but we've had multiple instances now of them being thrown towards fans, staff and now players.  That isn't good enough. 

23 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

After the first goal, a smoke bomb was inches away from hitting a photographer.

I'm all for having a singing section, but I'd rather these guys just didn't come to Starks Park if that's how they carry on.  I've no problem at all with pyro in principle, but we've had multiple instances now of them being thrown towards fans, staff and now players.  That isn't good enough. 

Aye. Are you there to watch the football or just misbehave?

Kinda reminds of me folk I knew that just went to football to get pissed and fight with opposition fans. Fannies.

1 hour ago, SerieA said:

What a win. Think we all knew (including the players going by Browns interview) that a United win would’ve won them the league. So to get the win shows the character of this team-after the last 5 games as well.

The fact you've gone through a really poor spell and yet find yourselves just a single point behind Utd has got to be a big confidence booster.

Don't f**k it up now! 

4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

The fact you've gone through a really poor spell and yet find yourselves just a single point behind Utd has got to be a big confidence booster.

Don't f**k it up now! 

C’mon it’s us you are talking to.

Oh, right i see your point. 

I'm absolutly gutted I couldn't get along to that last night it looked sensational but thats life. 

Well we have well and truely stopped the rot now. 

Second half we struggled to get a grip and kept punting it aimlessly before the changes. 

Big Kev what an absolute shagger, back to his best after that injury easily man of the match don't think anyone else came close.  His save at the end not only was it a great stop from close range but (and he does this so well) he pushes it so far away from the goal. 

Defence needs a bit more work especially with set pieces but seemed to keep its shape better overall. 

We still looked a bit timid with passing in the second half and until the subs were made struggled to get up the park. That said the subs were inspired, not sure Byrne was coming off for Brown if he didn't get that shiner? 

But Connolly, Easton and Brown got us that 10-15 yards further forward and United started to falter. 

Rudden looked on fire for the first half hour don't what the f**k they did to wind him up before hand. 

Big Jack played an absolute blinder with his shithousing on the keeper. 

It can't be underestimated how massive that win was. If we'd lost the title was done, DU would have carried on picking up points in a stable if unspectacular manner. A draw wouldn't have been a total disaster but we'd have to be almost flawless and still need favours from other teams. This puts us back in control of our own destiny. It also heaps the pressure onto Goodwin and DU, will they cope with it and kick on? 

Now we just need to clone Stanton so we have a spare. 

Oh and from watching at home (wtf was up with the camera angle?) Felt the ref had a decent game ge just let the match flown some of the other refs would have been card happy and blown up at every tussle and 50-50  

Edited by pub car king

I’ve just about come back down to earth. Last minute winners are the best type of winners, and when they’re half volleys from 30yards I don’t think it gets any better! 

I felt for the first half hour or so James Brown looked really suspect, didn’t stop anything coming into the box down his side. Like Millen on a poor day but without the crossing. But to be fair, he grew into the game and seemed solid enough second half. 

Rudden and Mullen looked absolutely immense for the first half hour. Mullen was popping up everywhere and Rudden looked like a really intelligent player with his flicks and touches- the ball round the corner to put Mullen through one-on-one was sublime. 
They fell out of it a bit after the United goal though. 

Don’t think Stanton did much of note but his presence in there was definitely felt- we’re a much better side with him in there. 

Key for me was the subs. The fact that the back four (and Vaughan) were the only players not to be swapped meant we kept the discipline and didn’t have to adjust to someone new slotting in. 

And being able to keep more or less the same formation (not going full Murrayball) and bring on players in the same positions who were fresh, just as good quality, and  who probably felt a bit aggrieved at having not started so had a point to prove, was absolutely pivotal. 

The subs were exactly the subs I was calling for (except I probably would have taken off Vaughan and left Mullen on) and they worked brilliantly.

The luxury of being able to bring on the likes of Hamilton and Easton is unthinkable from last year when our option off the bench was John Frederiksen.

There are a few more negative things I could mention but I’ll leave that until later in the week once the euphoria of that goal has worn off. Now is the time to bask in the glory!

I bloody love supporting this club.  

Edited by stevoraith