The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

So Friday nights game was very good from our perspective a solid back 4 a RB who defends first and foremost was what we needed, Watson was immense at the back, Big Kev doing big Kev things. 

Midfield I thought Shaun Byrne was fine once we got settled and the difference Sir Sam Stanton makes this team is remarkable to play almost 90 mins after a bad injury and didn’t look out of place, now the 2 wingers I thought Mullin Worked his nuts off and should’ve scored at least 1 of the chances, Callum smith didn’t do much going forward but done the defensive side well imo he’s a striker rather than a winger.

i questioned when the team was announced why Rudden was In there instead of Hamilton and that first 30 odd mins showed why, he scored and caused their 2 CHs problems, Vaughan I thought he was fine in that game.

overall it was a good team performance and one we desperately needed but now we have to follow it up away to Ayr next week. 

While I take your points onboard I felt defensively we were still a bit shaky, we still lack height (all over the park where we still get bullied) and every set piece around the box was a heart in mouth moment for me, as was every time they came down our right, Brown couldn't stop them coming through, but hopefully he'll come good.

I can't recall Rudden winning much in the air against the Utd center backs, as such I actually though Hamilton did a bit better in tat respect.

It was a night with no real failures though if anyone could be singled out as slightly disappointing it would IMO be Mullin who really should have put at least one of his chances away.

Goodwin can bleat about Ruddens goal all he likes, there was no definitive camera angle, the linesman had the best view and he never saw it as an offside, nor I think did any of the Utd players as not one appealed for offside.  The Bold Jimmy G also conveniently didn't give an opinion of United's goal, Dick and Holt are grappling with each other but the main difference is Holt's hand in Dick's face, that's a foul 9 times out of 10.

3 hours ago, Scottydog said:

I can't recall Rudden winning much in the air against the Utd center backs, as such I actually though Hamilton did a bit better in tat respect

When I said caused their CHs problems not necessarily in the air just his movement and dragging either holt or Graham away to make space 

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

When I said caused their CHs problems not necessarily in the air just his movement and dragging either holt or Graham away to make space 

Utd were very good at having Docherty or Sibbald double up on Rudden or Hamilton so they struggled in the air. The only time I noticed this change was when Matthews first came on and immediately went for Sibbald to get him away from Hamilton... who then won the header as it was 1v1 with Graham. I would love to see Rudden and Hamilton play together at some point. Ruddens movement causes problems for the defence and Hamilton is constantly winning balls in the air with no-one to run in behind etc. 

1 hour ago, Kooz92 said:

Utd were very good at having Docherty or Sibbald double up on Rudden or Hamilton so they struggled in the air. The only time I noticed this change was when Matthews first came on and immediately went for Sibbald to get him away from Hamilton... who then won the header as it was 1v1 with Graham. I would love to see Rudden and Hamilton play together at some point. Ruddens movement causes problems for the defence and Hamilton is constantly winning balls in the air with no-one to run in behind etc. 

I said the same about Hamilton and Rudden playing together but that would probably mean dropping Vaughan. 

10 minutes ago, North West said:

More classless Twitter patter from this club's social media people.

Sliding into Sunday, oh aye, could have half killed the United keeper. 

Screenshot_20240218_192706_com.android.chrome-01.jpeg

Don't be silly.

17 minutes ago, North West said:

I’d have thought you’d have your own issues to worry about rather than a club tweet. Mind the gap pal.

Really encouraged after that closing 20 minutes on Friday, Murray got the changes absolutely bang on.  Also happy to see the shithousery from Hamilton which is even funnier on second watch.  Well worth a booking.  I turned to my dad at the time and said hopefully that changes the mood around the place, and it did exactly that.  The first 25  minutes of the second half showed how fragile the confidence was around the place, was a weird atmosphere.  Encouraging to see the momentum swing in that way, and all down to proactive actions on the pitch.  Even that first corner of the second half just sparked some noise and energy thst was missing, and the volume in the South Stand from then on was superb.  Theres a reason why so many teams change ends at kick off.  That "Come on you Raith" chant 5 mins before kick off sounded massive.

Certainly can't accuse this team of being too nice, which is a complaint I've had in the past.

Absolutely massive period coming up though.  The reaction to the win at Tannadice in the following games was obviously far from good enough, hopefully we can kick on a bit more this time.  My niggling gut feeling has always been that Utd will end up with enough in the tank to win it, but even if that's the case it's important to push them as far as possible, and be there if they do slip up.

Edited by CALDERON

53 minutes ago, North West said:

For somebody who doesn't care about us, you seem to spend a lot of your time following our social media and posting about us.

It has been mighty amusing this season hearing Pars fans tell us how they don't care about us....repeatedly, while doing nothing but moaning about our social media, the money we're spending, blah, blah, blah.  

Edited by SanStarko

1 hour ago, North West said:

Why does anything we do bother you so much, is it jealousy or are you afraid the big team mantle is changing clubs as you disappear into seaside league obscurity 

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

7 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

I would rather see Raith win the Championship by quite a considerable distance but that's a pretty clear red, textbook example of excessive force. Funny though. 

Yeah fully agree with you that keeper should've been sent off, how dare he shepherd the ball out like that  😉😂😂

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

That "Come on you Raith" chant 5 mins before kick off sounded massive. 

Absolutely this. It felt like it came out of nowhere but when it did, goosebumps.