The New Raith Rovers Thread

21 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

To sell 2100 tickets for a game in Dingwall at mid-day on a Sunday with issues booking buses is absolutely incredible. Nobody could've seen that last season yet alone everything that has happened in the last few years. 

Absolutely mate.  It's a 320 mile round trip for a mid-day kick off and we're taking about 20% more than last season's average home crowd.  Yes, it's potentially our biggest game this century but it's still incredible.

Everyone bemoans a crowd w@nk but we’ve definitely elevated ourselves or promoted ourselves if you will into the next tier of diddy teams.

Routinely getting 4000 plus for home games is some shooting compared to previous.

Shows there’s an appetite from the local public if the product on the park is good. Don’t think the social media can’t be underestimated though..it’s blows most out the water. 

Posters been dropped off at the school. Wee man came bounding out the P1 classroom singing about Kevin Dabrowski much to the bemusement of all the other parents bar a couple of other Dad's 😁

28 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Everyone bemoans a crowd w@nk but we’ve definitely elevated ourselves or promoted ourselves if you will into the next tier of diddy teams.

Routinely getting 4000 plus for home games is some shooting compared to previous.

Shows there’s an appetite from the local public if the product on the park is good. Don’t think the social media can’t be underestimated though..it’s blows most out the water. 

I agree. The concern is what happens to that swell of people if we fail to get promoted or hit a bad patch of form. I hope regardless of how this weekend finishes up that everyone is still there next season to push us on more. I don't for a minute think that the budgets this season were initially set to expect a 3500+ average attendance. 

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I agree. The concern is what happens to that swell of people if we fail to get promoted or hit a bad patch of form. I hope regardless of how this weekend finishes up that everyone is still there next season to push us on more. I don't for a minute think that the budgets this season were initially set to expect a 3500+ average attendance. 

Everyone here KNOWS exactly what will happen. The crowds will piddle away to a lower level, but not as low as before this started, as this run alone will have made some new passionate fans. IF we win the promotion, the crowds will be larger by the nature of the league, helped massively by the away fans. End if we were struggling at the lower end of the Premiership we would still see significantly improved crowds. Next year, IF we don't beat Ross County, we'll still reap the benefit of this season, and the increased interest/visibility, unless we pull an Arbroath.

This thread is conclusive proof that crowdwanking is fun and is in fact only derided by jealous diddies with no fans 

Great to see so many Raith fans turning out to support their team, all the best against Ross County over the two legs 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

He did a game of ours earlier this season (1-0 at home to Inverness, I think) and was actually very good - certainly a step up from Colin Steven and the rest of the shite you usually have in championship games. 

Maybe you got lucky. He's made my eyes bleed just about every time I've seen him in action...!

Posted (edited)

That is a really good statement (as an aside it seems very odd that Airdrie are not involved?).

This news about the vote has put a dampener on what should be the most exciting week the club have had for decades.

I really hope the ban can be avoided. The proposed quality assurance solutions seem so obviously sound that the ban cannot be conceived as anything other than petulance and/or selfishness. It also reeks of something that, if banned, will become unbanned in a few years (like the 10k seats rule).

Edit to add, I know people form the club read this page (and this of course travels fans of the clubs who issued the joint statement) - I wonder if, should no backing down occur regarding the vote, it would be a good idea to get MSPs/local councillors involved  to raise awareness/pressure (writing to them, asking them to raise the issue through appropriate committees, get them to publicly support the joint proposal etc.). I imagine the community element would be a strong card. 

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

10 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

That is a really good statement (as an aside it seems very odd that Airdrie are not involved?).

This news about the vote has put a dampener on what should be the most exciting week the club have had for decades.

I really hope the ban can be avoided. The proposed quality assurance solutions seem so obviously sound that the ban cannot be conceived as anything other than petulance and/or selfishness. It also reeks of something that, if banned, will become unbanned in a few years (like the 10k seats rule).

Edit to add, I know people form the club read this page (and this of course travels fans of the clubs who issued the joint statement) - I wonder if, should no backing down occur regarding the vote, it would be a good idea to get MSPs/local councillors involved  to raise awareness/pressure (writing to them, asking them to raise the issue through appropriate committees, get them to publicly support the joint proposal etc.). I imagine the community element would be a strong card. 

The full paper has quite a few clubs on it, including Airdrie and Cove Rangers as well. 

https://online.publuu.com/516411/1157872

Posted (edited)
Just now, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

IIRC Rangers Ladies and development sides play at New Broomfield, probably don't want to rock the boat.

Rangers Ladies play out of Broadwood these days. Their B team currently don't have a league but were using The Rock in the Lowland League.

Edited by GNU_Linux

Ross County v lower league teams this season

League Cup

5-1 v Stranraer

2-1 v Morton

3-1 v Edinburgh

3-3 v Kelty (beat on pens)

4-3 v Airdrie (aet)

Scottish Cup

0-3 v Partick

Different team from those games but shows we have a decent chance.

No wins for us against Premiership teams but decent showings against Killie, Hibs and Livi.

Really hope we get right in about them tomorrow.

The gap between 2nd bottom of the Premiership and top end of the championship is big enough to show over 2 legs, there's a reason why 6 out of 9 times they have come out on top.  If we don't have Watson fit, I do worry about our backline against some very capable forward players.

However, it's fucking crazy to see this buzz and excitement in such a short space of time.  Brilliant to see.  

1 hour ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

IIRC Rangers Ladies and development sides play at New Broomfield, probably don't want to rock the boat.

Airdrie's chairman has a role within the SPFL so it's probably to do with that. 

24 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The gap between 2nd bottom of the Premiership and top end of the championship is big enough to show over 2 legs, there's a reason why 6 out of 9 times they have come out on top.  If we don't have Watson fit, I do worry about our backline against some very capable forward players.

However, it's fucking crazy to see this buzz and excitement in such a short space of time.  Brilliant to see.  

Got to be in it to win it