The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 hours ago, pub car king said:

Didn't know that 

Or that. 

Oh f**k this doesn't bode well

We need to wrap this pish about Rovers fans in the North Stand being a jinx.

The last time I sat in there was when it was given over to Roary Club members and my kids were younger.

I sat there and watched Gary Locke's side rattle in three in the first half, including a worldy from Scott Roberts.

I rest my case.

9 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Over 5k home tickets sold for Thursday. Think this will be one of the biggest Raith supports at Starks I've ever been in.

Looking back to the 90's we had a few 9k Old Firm crowds but there were away fans all over the ground. 

Akranes crowd was around 5200 including away fans. 

Was our share of the 9300 crowd v the Pars in 95 maybe the last bigger Raith support in Kdy ? 

That was my reckoning.

Should have been more for the UEFA games, but for their stupid crowd restrictions.

Up to over 5500 home tickets sold now. Excellent for a Thursday night game, live on the telly and no season ticket admissions.

32 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The gap between 2nd bottom of the Premiership and top end of the championship is big enough to show over 2 legs, there's a reason why 6 out of 9 times they have come out on top.  If we don't have Watson fit, I do worry about our backline against some very capable forward players.

However, it's fucking crazy to see this buzz and excitement in such a short space of time.  Brilliant to see.  

Watson will probably get injured if he does somehow make it. Which is unfortunate because he is and has been very good when fit. He's just barely been fit this season. 

1 minute ago, Specky Ginger said:

That was my reckoning.

Should have been more for the UEFA games, but for their stupid crowd restrictions.

Up to over 5500 home tickets sold now. Excellent for a Thursday night game, live on the telly and no season ticket admissions.

Home fans where in the north stand against bayern when it was officially opened and I remember us playing Aberdeen and sitting in that stand. Never forget seing all the bayern fans who made the journey, in the railway stand having a great time, taps aff in a rainy night in November iirc

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Railway stand is nearly full on they've opened another block of the North stand 

I assume we’ll give Ross County extra tickets in the North Stand if they require them (highly doubt we’ll see any bother at this game) especially as they’ve given us a huge allocation. Don’t see many more County fans buying last minute as it obviously involves time off work or school for a Thursday night game down here.  

Alarm's set for 4am to get my flight back up to the kingdom. Absolutely buzzin for tomorrow, can't wait. Convinced a lapsed pal to come, as well as a pal who's never been before too. Trying to explain to all my pals down here in London, who couldn't give less of a shit about football, why this is so important has made it a bit of a long week since Friday. Glad to be back amongst like minded folks in a packed Starks. What a time to be alive! 

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Watson will probably get injured if he does somehow make it. Which is unfortunate because he is and has been very good when fit. He's just barely been fit this season. 

Home fans where in the north stand against bayern when it was officially opened and I remember us playing Aberdeen and sitting in that stand. Never forget seing all the bayern fans who made the journey, in the railway stand having a great time, taps aff in a rainy night in November iirc

We were also in the North Stand when we beat Dundee United in Tommy McLean's first game managing them!

9 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Anyone know where will be best to catch the game down the town on Sunday? Was expecting the main bars to organise something but haven’t seen anything advertised.

The Novar should, they have Sky Sports. I've not seen anything advertised either though.

24 minutes ago, North West said:

Fair play, you seem to be drawing in extra supporters fae the hockey, East Fife, Kirkcaldy YM and the Shippy. 

I like to call them “hingers on”.

You’ll appreciate that this is a tough thing to say for a Bairn, but…

Good luck tonight Rovers. Get right into these mud-loving, financially-doped, Johnny Come Lately baisturts. 

Relegating them would also give me the opportunity to use my Over 50’s Railcard to greater effect next season, but that’s by-the-by. 

1 hour ago, North West said:

Fair play, you seem to be drawing in extra supporters fae the hockey, East Fife, Kirkcaldy YM and the Shippy. 

At 50 year old you'll probably be at a loose end, you should come along tonight as well.

11 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

We were also in the North Stand when we beat Dundee United in Tommy McLean's first game managing them!

We were also in the North stand for his only game in charge a 4-1 scudding from Aberdeen 

Good luck tonight guys. Despite our tussles over the years really pretty fond of Raith and Kirkcaldy as an away day. Would be good to see you make the Premiership and see it freshened up a wee bit. 

However beware of a fast ginger man upfront for Ross County, he’s fucking dynamite and some boy. 

Should be a good game to watch. 

Mon the Rovers!

If we do it, great!  A new challenge we deserve frankly.  If we dont, ho hum.  Will be some Championship next season.  (Hate the Premiershit and the whole holier than thou attitude they have).

I want us to go up of course, and to relegate those sheepshaggers would be a great bonus.

Get intae them!

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

At 50 year old you'll probably be at a loose end, you should come along tonight as well.

Never at a loose end, I've got my nude rounders class tonight.