The New Raith Rovers Thread

Tonight’s the night! Let’s get right behind the laddies! I’ve not slept and up at the crack of dawn! 

Every one of these laddies, especially the ones who haven’t had much game time and thrown in for the playoffs have been exceptional! This will provably be the biggest game for most - if not all of them! 

#COYR

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Good luck tonight guys. Despite our tussles over the years really pretty fond of Raith and Kirkcaldy as an away day. Would be good to see you make the Premiership and see it freshened up a wee bit. 

However beware of a fast ginger man upfront for Ross County, he’s fucking dynamite and some boy. 

Should be a good game to watch. 

Forgot Murray played for Arbroath. He's some player, hopefully our saviour during these matches. Works like a dynamo too.

5 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Forgot Murray played for Arbroath. He's some player, hopefully our saviour during these matches. Works like a dynamo too.

I absolutely love the guy. He’s slightly different now to when he played for us, was super skinny and when defenders tried to tackle him he was like elastic and just rode tackles. Noticed a massive difference in his physique when he went FT at United and came on loan back to us.

Some finisher too and it has been so under appreciated for a long time, was always just seen as a hard worker, think only recently people are starting to see just how good his finishing is. 

Love the guy and met him a few times back in his Arbroath days. Just a great c**t. 

Good luck to Ross County tonight. I've a soft spot for them having been a frequent visitor to Maryburgh and Dingwall during the late 80's. Good people.

17 minutes ago, North West said:

Good luck to Ross County tonight. I've a soft spot for them having been a frequent visitor to Maryburgh and Dingwall during the late 80's. Good people.

Maybe post this in the County forum, or even the actual match thread. Well unless you want to be a “hinger on” too and get along to Starks tonight? 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, North West said:

And for 35 years they've had peace and quiet.

Edited by Zen Archer (Raconteur)

52 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

And for 35 years they've had peace and quiet.

Shut your pus and get to the match.

Incidently, I expect you all to be back here tomorrow moaning about your team. I'll be waiting.

Apparently the premier league is rushing a vote through to ban plastic pitches, this could be problematic for a wee team that needs to replace their pitch if they get promoted 

6 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Apparently the premier league is rushing a vote through to ban plastic pitches, this could be problematic for a wee team that needs to replace their pitch if they get promoted 

Rushing it through to take effect from 2026.

10 minutes ago, Wacky said:

They are clearly trying for the league to become a closed shop,  we need Raith to win this playoff , alright Ross County will no doubt buy the league next season and all us mere mortals will have to fight for the scraps ,  Raith I hope have no intention of going to 'Grass'   and they can fight this from within ...

8 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Rushing it through to take effect from 2026.

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

They are clearly trying for the league to become a closed shop,  we need Raith to win this playoff , alright Ross County will no doubt buy the league next season and all us mere mortals will have to fight for the scraps ,  Raith I hope have no intention of going to 'Grass'   and they can fight this from within ...

So you don’t think that if the ugly sisters want you to replace your pitch you won’t have to? 

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/six-spfl-sides-including-raith-rovers-and-falkirk-hit-out-at-grossly-unfair-premiership-plastic-pitch-ban-plans-4639302

14 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Grow up.

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Grow up.

Eh?
is that a yes or no? 
The reason I ask is we had to dig up our plastic pitch years ago because both sides of the firm were complaining about it, they got what they wanted. But clearly the question was too difficult for you, best you go and ask an adult to explain it to you. 

2 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Eh?
is that a yes or no? 
The reason I ask is we had to dig up our plastic pitch years ago because both sides of the firm were complaining about it, they got what they wanted. But clearly the question was too difficult for you, best you go and ask an adult to explain it to you. 

Your "question" doesn't merit an answer. What do you think we'll have to do if we win promotion and artificial surfaces are banned?

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Your "question" doesn't merit an answer

How very mature of you. 

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

What do you think we'll have to do if we win promotion and artificial surfaces are banned?

Unlike yourself, I’m mature enough to answer the best I can.
I think you’ll have to do what the big teams tell you to do. 

Just now, Wacky said:

I think you’ll have to do what the big teams tell you to do. 

There you go then, you've answered your own question. Now go and try stirring the pot elsewhere please.

You would think any Pars fan with a brain would be wanting us to win tonight. Surely that would be better than getting skelped in every derby again next season and having a meltdown at our ' CaRtOoNs'.