The New Raith Rovers Thread

I read it as Livi and Ayr, no Rovers.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Courier reporting Rovers and another Championship side in for Ashcroft.

Just dropping in to say fair play to Lewis Vaughan for chipping in with a few quid for this fundraiser for Aaron Doran to help with costs for an ACL operation. 

For those that don't know ICT have basically abandoned Doran when he needs an operation and former team mate Shane Sutherland started Go Fund Me campaign to help him out. A few familiar names on there and one I spotted was Lewis Vaughan. Obviously it could be a coincidence but I'm choosing to believe that it is the Lewis Vaughan of Raith fame and of course someone who has had multiple ACL injuries in the past so he off all people will know how much this sucks. 

Link below in case anyone wanted to throw in a couple of quid. Cheers!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/6gkyc-aaron-doran-acl-surgery

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

Just dropping in to say fair play to Lewis Vaughan for chipping in with a few quid for this fundraiser for Aaron Doran to help with costs for an ACL operation. 

For those that don't know ICT have basically abandoned Doran when he needs an operation and former team mate Shane Sutherland started Go Fund Me campaign to help him out. A few familiar names on there and one I spotted was Lewis Vaughan. Obviously it could be a coincidence but I'm choosing to believe that it is the Lewis Vaughan of Raith fame and of course someone who has had multiple ACL injuries in the past so he off all people will know how much this sucks. 

Link below in case anyone wanted to throw in a couple of quid. Cheers!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/6gkyc-aaron-doran-acl-surgery

Bad timing for the lad with Inverness’s current financial problems but it’s a bit poor to just cast him aside.  Nice of Shane Sutherland to step and and help,  

20 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Bad timing for the lad with Inverness’s current financial problems but it’s a bit poor to just cast him aside.  Nice of Shane Sutherland to step and and help,  

Sadly it seems to be the way we do things nowadays. Sutherland himself needed some surgery IIRC and Tom Walsh, who the club never even acknowledged as having left ICT, has been doing a lot of rehab work after his own operation. It's just an abysmal way to treat players.

Unless Hanlon is off elsewhere, I am pretty sure we won't be signing Lee Ashcroft. At any rate, I don't think we've been linked with him, have we? There is no question that he'd be a good signing and I do think back sometimes to him getting injured in a bit of a "what might've been" way. 

What I would also say, is that The Courier is almost always spot on for Rovers news, so I will be surprised (and disappointed) if Hanlon has fallen through.