The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Who cares, it’s a big game.

All big games in this league my friend, some are bigger than others.

Pretty sure you guys and the pars are the 2 cat A games at Starks this season (£24 rather than £22) FWIW I totally disagree with the 2 different pricing points.

18 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

All big games in this league my friend, some are bigger than others.

Pretty sure you guys and the pars are the 2 cat A games at Starks this season (£24 rather than £22) FWIW I totally disagree with the 2 different pricing points.

I don’t disagree with regards to the pricing issue but games against the Pars, yourselves and possibly Thistle are undoubtedly bigger events than matches against Morton, QP or Accies even though they will be tough games.

Hey, I know it was a first friendly and all, and largely irrelevant, but an East Fife XI beat the Pars 2-0 tonight. I think East Fife had a dog at right back and one of the ticket conductors off the train up front. We better keep our wits about us tomorrow. 

(Cue us getting a 0-3 dry ride) 

3 minutes ago, william somerville said:

So the wee team from the East of Fife beat the wee team from the West of Fife. I remember way back when  Burntisland Shipyard honk the scum from the west out of the Fife Cup happy happy days.

For balance, the Shippy won the Fife Cup against the Rovers in recent years, Einstein couldn't work out this equation.

8 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

You can buy a return train ticket for less, get your arse off the sofa.

We're going but I was thinking of those whose arses and sofas are a bit further away.

8 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Hey, I know it was a first friendly and all, and largely irrelevant, but an East Fife XI beat the Pars 2-0 tonight. I think East Fife had a dog at right back and one of the ticket conductors off the train up front. We better keep our wits about us tomorrow. 

(Cue us getting a 0-3 dry ride) 

8vd9nw.jpg.095d59bf30a8bb119476014a540fafdb.jpg

7 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

For balance, the Shippy won the Fife Cup against the Rovers in recent years, Einstein couldn't work out this equation.

Is that right? When was the last time the Fife Cup was played to a conclusion and someone was awarded this mythical cup?

I recall us beating Burntisland 7-0 in the Fife Cup Final at Starks Park. What year was that?

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I know. That's why I said it was largely irrelevant.  The only reason it has any semblance of relevance is that the big team getting beat by a team including a dog, a ticket conductor, a traffic cone and one of the backshift staff from the Perfect Scoop, under any circumstances, is a good laugh in anyone's book.

4 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Everyone know that friendlies only being about fitness applies only to your own team. When your rivals get pumped off a pub team then they are the be all and end all!

Got to assume that all of the trialists there are our new lads with no actual trialists there too. 

Edit: No, we've made 7 signings and there are 8 listed. D'oh.

Edited by CountryBumpkin