The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 centre backs in Hill, Barr and Watson. Would be good to see if we can experiment a 352 or something along the lines with 3 at the back.

Watched Chile play it so well in the World Cup, something fresh instead of the usual 442 caper!

Why does everyone seem to think that these are the final signings before the season starts. There is still plenty of time to sign more players. Still at least 4 positions to be filled so I can see at least 4 or 5 signings being made. And why the moaning about the signing of the young boys. No doubt it's the same people that moan about no one coming through the youth system. Get a grip. Was talking to Eric Drysdale during the week and he said himself that the first team pool will be bigger than it has been for years and when I asked if it would be topped up with just youngsters like last season I was told no.

Edited by tigger

Why does everyone seem to think that these are the final signings before the season starts. There is still plenty of time to sign more players. Still at least 4 positions to be filled so I can see at least 4 or 5 signings being made. And why the moaning about the signing of the young boys. No doubt it's the same people that moan about no one coming through the youth system. Get a grip. Was talking to Eric Drysdale during the week and he said himself that the first team pool will be bigger than it has been for years and when I asked if it would be topped up with just youngsters like last season I was told no.

That's real nice of you to share

I'm not sure that anyone is suggesting that these are the final signings. People are pissed off because Eric built this announcement up as being "big" - and its not. If this had been kept quiet and announced as Nade signing plus 3 kids then it would have been seen as 100% positive.

Its just another PR cock up - we never seem to learn.

Edited by p&b is a disgrace

He's better than Thomson at right back...

Mullen is a better RB than Thompson?? Nae chance, and I've no idea what you are basing that on.

Its just another PR cock up - we never seem to learn.

Eh?! Is this not the same folk who had supporters of other clubs buying season tickets as a show of good will towards the club for our stance on certain matters?

The same folk who have sanctioned a remembrance away strip to honour lives lost at war?

A positive spin was put on signing news which included some young boys and this is regarded as a PR cock-up?

What other PR cock-ups have we supposedly had recently?

Edited by Andy C

3 centre backs in Hill, Barr and Watson. Would be good to see if we can experiment a 352 or something along the lines with 3 at the back.

Watched Chile play it so well in the World Cup, something fresh instead of the usual 442 caper!

Was thinking the same after reading that McKeown was used as a wing back by Cowdenbeath. Thomson could easily play right wing back.

With the first friendlies 2 1/2 weeks away id say we have about 2 weeks to complete the majority of signings, the majority of which will be the better players that always hang about untill training actually begins to see whats on offer. The next 2/3 signings will be striker grant anderson and a left sided player. 2 season long loans will probably appear after that.

As for the 3 youngsters just signed, this is good business, according to my stirling albion supporting mate they had high hopes for kieran campbell, played scotland level from schoolboy age, recently played in a 5-1 win scoring a belter and setting up two in a 3-5-2 formation as a left wing back. The youth sfa have high hopes for this lad so fingers crossed!

Cant find any details on the other two but if 1 is a striker and 18 this should fit nicely into pushing himself and vaughan into the first team.

Edited by Munich95

With the first friendlies 2 1/2 weeks away id say we have about 2 weeks to complete the majority of signings, the majority of which will be the better players that always hang about untill training actually begins to see whats on offer. The next 2/3 signings will be striker grant anderson and a left sided player. 2 season long loans will peobably appear after that.

As for the 3 youngsters just signed, this olis good business, according to my stirling albion supporting mate they had high hipes for kieran campbell, played scotland level from schoolboy age, recently played in a 5-1 win scoring a belter and setting up two in a 3-5-2 formation as a left wing back. The youth sfa have high hopes for this lad so fingers crossed!

Cant find any details on the other two but if 1 is a striker and 18 this should fit nicely into pushing himself and vaughan into the first team.

Refreshing to hear a positive comment amongst so much "shooting at shadows". Thank you

With the first friendlies 2 1/2 weeks away id say we have about 2 weeks to complete the majority of signings, the majority of which will be the better players that always hang about untill training actually begins to see whats on offer. The next 2/3 signings will be striker grant anderson and a left sided player. 2 season long loans will probably appear after that.

As for the 3 youngsters just signed, this is good business, according to my stirling albion supporting mate they had high hopes for kieran campbell, played scotland level from schoolboy age, recently played in a 5-1 win scoring a belter and setting up two in a 3-5-2 formation as a left wing back. The youth sfa have high hopes for this lad so fingers crossed!

The goalie, Scott Law, has signed from Hamilton I believe. Read that he had been on the bench for the first team a few times last year

Edited by Raith1

So any ideas who this foreign player could be then? I can't really see Murray signing someone he's never heard of, I'm hoping it's the striker that's coming from abroad, hopefully Spanish or German..

Could it be tade's return? I'd be over the moon if it was, but in a way I'd be even more gutted that Baird left us than I was.. Can't see tade coming back to us anyway, if he returned to Scotland, it would be to the SPL IMO, but there's always that slim possibility..

Any guesses anyway?

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

Aye I'll guess Skacel (well he's not signed for hearts, think he wants to play but they're only offering a coaching role) and raise u Anderson and mckeown lol on a serious note going by previous announcements when they say in the nxt 48hrs usually means between 4-8 days

Edited by MICMAC