The New Raith Rovers Thread

I see Ballingry Rovers have folded.

Another Wullie Gray masterclass, it seems.

Yeah, sounds like they were still saddled with debts from their big spending of the other season.

Craig Wilson already left them last week to move to Linlithgow.

Since the start of last season it's truly eye opening - won 7, drawn 9, lost 18 (!).

Three of those wins were against us last season too. Raith were our "bogey" side last season (insofar as any relatively similar sized club can be be a bogey side). The only side below us in the league to beat us after September and did so twice.

I was curious as to what our record against the full-time teams under Grant Murray was, given all victories this season have been against part-time teams, aside from Livi who are hopeless and will finish bottom. I know some feel it doesn't matter as there's part-time teams in the league and you get three points no matter who you beat - personally I feel it's exceptionally relevant given it's a clear indicator of how we do comparatively against clubs of a similar stature with similar wage bills. There is no better way of comparing yourself than against an equal. And this will become more relevant when sides like Dunfermline and Morton find their way back into the league.

League record only under Murray stands at:

13 wins, 12 draws, 28 defeats.

So 51/159 points. 13/53 victories. Win percentage of 24.5%, points per game record of 0.98.

Since the start of last season it's truly eye opening - won 7, drawn 9, lost 18 (!).

That is unforgivable, for me. We're seriously behind our competition.

Would a change in manager really change that? It really seems to me right now that no matter where you look, the stats are awful, the fans are annoyed, the performances are dreadful, the players are poor. There seems to be very, very little in favour of keeping Murray - in fact the only reason I can see is he's under contract.

If season ticket renewals were tomorrow I think the board would get a serious fright. I certainly wouldn't be renewing mine.

I posted a similar thing on the Rovers v QOTS thread based on league matches over the past 12 months. On 23rd November 2013 we beat Queens on the South 2-1 at home and since then, and including that match, the stats read as follows:-

We've played 37 matches in the league over the past year and won 10 - 2 x Dumbarton, 2 x QOTS, 2 x Cowden, 2 x Alloa, 1 x Livi and 1 x Morton. This represents a win percentage in the league over 12 months of 27.03%.

The board can throw up Rangers and Hearts all they like but that only amounts to 4 games out of the 37. Even take those out and it's still only 30.30%.

If that was any other manager at any other club then he'd be gone. If you put this together with his tactical ineptitude, style of football and complete disregard/unwillingness to sort out the same problems occurring every week then I really don't know how anyone can still support him.

He's clearly a nice guy and did well for us as a player but I'm sorry he's just not a football manager.

The Ballingry Rovers thing, for anyone interested. There's a bizarre and curiously fascinating thread been going on over the past week or so between some of the people involved over on here:

http://www.fifefootball.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/56708-ballingry-rovers/

(As far as I gather 'Brucie' is the current, or recent, chairman and 'Bibby' is Kevin Fotheringham who - along with Lee Dair - was part of the management team for a while up until last month.)

The Ballingry Rovers thing, for anyone interested. There's a bizarre and curiously fascinating thread been going on over the past week or so between some of the people involved over on here:

(As far as I gather 'Brucie' is the current, or recent, chairman and 'Bibby' is Kevin Fotheringham who - along with Lee Dair - was part of the management team for a while up until last month.)

That is truly amazing that someone so illiterate could be a Chairman of a Junior football club.

Looks like ' Brucie ' has sold the local community down the river.

'Brucie' is the chairman? With that level of PR skill, ability to engage with others and indeed, that level of reading and writing, no wonder the poor b*****ds have gone to the wall.

'cum'

It difficult to put a face to a forum poster, but I just struggle to think what this balloon looks like.

His use of the chill pill icon is probably the worst thing that I have ever seen on a forum. He deserves a good hard slap for that alone.

Edited by honeyboy edwards

Playing devil's advocate here, but if you are going to do that, do you then exclude results against full time teams with more than, say, double our home support and budget? For example, would you then remove our results against Hearts, Rangers and even Hibs this year, and possibly against Dundee last year as well?

It did cross my mind, but then to do that it'd only really be fair to take out results against Airdrie, probably Morton of last season because they were so bad, and probably Livi of this season too.

And before you know it 50% of the games are discounted, and given the sides I've listed above, the record is even worse...

'cum'

It difficult to put a face to a forum poster, but I just struggle to think what this balloon looks like.

His use of the chill pill icon is probably the worst thing that I have ever seen on a forum. He deserves a good hard slap for that alone.

I was nosey enough to go on the Ballingry website to find out. The face pretty much fits. Edited by Martin Nelson

Apologies if I've set the poor bloke up for a point-and-laugh job. I just found the whole thread a bit of an eye-opener. And yeah, the casual comment to bin everything was the bit that disimpressed me the most as well.

Just watched the half time piece on the QoS v Raith game on Alba . Great and moving piece on Ally Gourlay . Brought a lump to my throat watching it . Hope the fella really gets the most out of his borrowed time .

Ally is a fantastic guy and his attitude and open-ness to what he's going through is an inspiration.

Some of the typos are quality. Lochore Lass: 'You come on her making accusations, insulting people and being down right rude.'

Sexual stuff in Ballingry.