Who's Going To Uni?

:lol: I am rather annoyed that I only got 88% in my maths test, it was basically standard grade statistics. :lol:

At least I didnt get 60% like some of my classmates and every one of them has a higher in maths.

My God, I am awful at both writing essays, and time management.

It's actually quite pathetic. Even now, typing this post, I'm procrastinating. I think it's the lack of pressure, because the essays I have to do aren't due for a few weeks. I've only ever really done work the few days before deadlines.

I don't do very well.

Edit: I'm writing an essay on globalisation, and I'm damn, damn tempted to quote Gogol Bordello's "Think Locally, f**k Globally". I'm not too sure how well that'd go down with the ol' peeps who do the marking. They might think it edgy and progressive of me...

Edited by Raith Against The Machine

My God, I am awful at both writing essays, and time management.

It's actually quite pathetic. Even now, typing this post, I'm procrastinating. I think it's the lack of pressure, because the essays I have to do aren't due for a few weeks. I've only ever really done work the few days before deadlines.

I don't do very well.

Yeah, uni goes through patches and this is the patch where I have everything due. My attempt at my Business 1 essay has been marred with problems, wanted to start on Friday but the guy I was doing it with pulled out so planned to do it on Tuesday. Went to look for books on Tuesday, ran into Mushroom, went to his flat to play guitar. Tuesday night, ditch lecture to go and find books but since its a massive class and everyone is doing the same question, out of the 20 books on the reading list there are none left. It's due next Thursday so I'm hoping to get it done tomorrow night and, at a push, Friday night. It's going to be pish though, it's a first year essay and a first assignment for most of the people on the course so I'm hoping my experience can see my coast a C. Without any of the reading, it is going to be a bit of a problem.

The poster known as 'Ad Lib' only started his politics essay on Saturday for a deadline on Monday and it will be even more embarrassing when it gets a far higher grade than my masterpiece I slaved two weeks over.

The poster known as 'Ad Lib' only started his politics essay on Saturday for a deadline on Monday and it will be even more embarrassing when it gets a far higher grade than my masterpiece I slaved two weeks over.

Let's wait and see eh?

Politics is an afterthought to my week. I cobble together an opinion on Thursday evening/Friday morning having skim-read the lecture notes and the reading the tutor asks for and then rely on my ability to bullshit to see me through. I was fairly pleased with how my essay turned out, mind, but I suspect I'll get called out for a liberal attempt at structure.

Law's going to be a nightmare, though thankfully we've only actually got lectures for 2 subjects as of next week until the exam diet (albeit I've another 2 1.5 hour tutorials, 4 2 hour tutorials and a 1 hour tutorial left until then). Law and Government Group Assignment's due in a couple of weeks, 3000 word Tax Law assignment due about 4 weeks from now as well.

Hoping I've got my 3 exams early on in the diet so I can get up to Aberdeen for a longer holiday.

400 Words written so far 3600 to go, this essay is going to be a nightmare (not because of the length, it's just a lot of work and is very time consuming)! If I can get to 1000 tonight I will be chuffed to bits.

I'm becoming sick and tired of the foreign folk in some of my classes. They lounge about doing f**k all most of the day, sit and play with their phones and most of them fucking smell. I feel sorry for the folk in my class that have them in their group.

Let's wait and see eh?

Politics is an afterthought to my week. I cobble together an opinion on Thursday evening/Friday morning having skim-read the lecture notes and the reading the tutor asks for and then rely on my ability to bullshit to see me through. I was fairly pleased with how my essay turned out, mind, but I suspect I'll get called out for a liberal attempt at structure.

Law's going to be a nightmare, though thankfully we've only actually got lectures for 2 subjects as of next week until the exam diet (albeit I've another 2 1.5 hour tutorials, 4 2 hour tutorials and a 1 hour tutorial left until then). Law and Government Group Assignment's due in a couple of weeks, 3000 word Tax Law assignment due about 4 weeks from now as well.

Hoping I've got my 3 exams early on in the diet so I can get up to Aberdeen for a longer holiday.

Why? We both know what's going to happen <_<

Is the Friday 3-4 lecture being cut? I'm trying to follow this cause a lot of my players are late for the game because of that lecture.

By the way, do you go to the politics lectures or watch the recording? I go to the ones on Wednesday but beyond that haven't watched a single recording, might try and get back to it before exam. Thankfully, the exam for business 1 is 20% so I'm hoping to ditch that and focus on politics and business 2.

I'm becoming sick and tired of the foreign folk in some of my classes. They lounge about doing f**k all most of the day, sit and play with their phones and most of them fucking smell. I feel sorry for the folk in my class that have them in their group.

In my experience foreign students are more inclined to work hard as they are more likely to pay, and may have a higher work ethic anyway.

Scottish students are lazy, drunken b*****ds who spend all their time pissing about.

Why? We both know what's going to happen <_<

Let's wait and see.

Is the Friday 3-4 lecture being cut? I'm trying to follow this cause a lot of my players are late for the game because of that lecture.

Property Law is Friday 3-4. It's appearing on week 9 again after this week but otherwise it's cut.

By the way, do you go to the politics lectures or watch the recording? I go to the ones on Wednesday but beyond that haven't watched a single recording, might try and get back to it before exam. Thankfully, the exam for business 1 is 20% so I'm hoping to ditch that and focus on politics and business 2.

Watch recordings selectively or read the notes put on Moodle. I have no more de facto 9am lectures this term, but will probably use the extra time most days to do tutorial preparation.

In my experience foreign students are more inclined to work hard as they are more likely to pay, and may have a higher work ethic anyway.

Scottish students are lazy, drunken b*****ds who spend all their time pissing about.

I assumed their work ethic would be fairly good, as afterall, they've come along way just to do a degree - but they're fucking appaulling - a degree of work would be a culture shock to them!

Wait don't you go to Paisley Uni? I think the culprits are more obvious here. :lol:

I hate the arseholes who turn up to lectures then just sit and talk the whole way through it, even when the lecturer asks them for silence. I can understand it if the attendance was being monitored, not that I'd condone just coming to sign the register. But what's the point if nobody's gonna know if you miss the class? Just get someone to pick sheets up for you ffs.

Have so many course works due in this semester it's ridiculous! Need to get my project plan done by next Friday which means working overtime throughout the week, on top of being in the lab all day!

Edited by SaltyTON

Been doing my UCAS crap the now, hopefully have it fired in first few weeks after I'm back at school. Any chemical engineers on here with recommendations uni-wise?

My friend goes to Heriot Watt and studies Chemical Engineering. He says the facilities are top notch.