Who's Going To Uni?

I know a few people at Edinburgh doing chemical engineering. They got AAABC in fifth year but I don't think the requirements are as high as that.

Cheers! I worked like a f**k last year and got AAAA, and got a B in fourth year for sitting Higher Music earlier because our teacher said it was an easy course. It was not. But thanks, just needed a bit of confidence that I'll definately get in, as Edinburghs the one I'm thinking of going to. Have your mates said anything about what the Uni's like?

Cheers! I worked like a f**k last year and got AAAA, and got a B in fourth year for sitting Higher Music earlier because our teacher said it was an easy course. It was not. But thanks, just needed a bit of confidence that I'll definately get in, as Edinburghs the one I'm thinking of going to. Have your mates said anything about what the Uni's like?

I think it's got a pretty good reputation for chemical engineering. From what I've been told there is a lot of maths in the course. A lot of my pals do other types of engineering as well and they seem to be enjoying it although they are in uni a lot more than me (I'm doing economics and I'm only in 12 hours a week).

anyone at edinburgh napier here? looks like i'm bound for there next year and i'd like to know more about it, particularly quantity surveying, building surveying or project management

I do believe the stock response is:

Napier :lol:

anyone at edinburgh napier here? looks like i'm bound for there next year and i'd like to know more about it, particularly quantity surveying, building surveying or project management

For those courses you'd be far better at Heriot Watt.

It's ridiculous I've been here over a year and need to ask this question, but Stirlingers, where are the print suites in Pathfoot?

The computer lab, (I think in the D?! corridor, if you go in the front door I think it's up the stairs and the first corridor on the right) has printers in it.

I shall be making use of it hopefully this evening.

Oh and what time does Pathfoot close tonight? I always forget.

Edited by Enigma

It's ridiculous I've been here over a year and need to ask this question, but Stirlingers, where are the print suites in Pathfoot?

They are in one of the actual labs.

Speaking of it I am beginning to detest this bloody Uni. The mission we had to go on the day to find a fuckin computer. And the next c**t that walks into a lab and tells everyone to get out because theres a class coming in is gettin fuckin nutted.

Speaking of it I am beginning to detest this bloody Uni. The mission we had to go on the day to find a fuckin computer. And the next c**t that walks into a lab and tells everyone to get out because theres a class coming in is gettin fuckin nutted.

This.

"Lab booked from 2-6pm"

No. f**k off. That's not acceptable.

I'm going to start printing up my own signs...

This.

"Lab booked from 2-6pm"

No. f**k off. That's not acceptable.

I'm going to start printing up my own signs...

I'm sorry! Please don't nut me. :(

I discovered this though:

https://portal.stir.ac.uk/general/lab-timetable/1a11.jsp

Log on to the uni portal and look up "Computer Lab Timetables" on the first tab. It'll make your quest easier.

I'm sorry! Please don't nut me. :(

I discovered this though:

https://portal.stir.ac.uk/general/lab-timetable/1a11.jsp

Log on to the uni portal and look up "Computer Lab Timetables" on the first tab. It'll make your quest easier.

There's a problem with looking up a timetable on a computer to find out when you can access a computer... ;)

There's a problem with looking up a timetable on a computer to find out when you can access a computer... ;)

Aye, but its the best I can do! I spend all week throwing people out of labs (did I not once throw you out of three labs in two days or something?), and I think its absurd that the Uni can't put the weeks timetable outside the door.

Any ideas on what grades they got for their highers?

Boy I know got an A and 4 B's in 5th year and got an unconditional. I'm sure they're quite lenient, Physics is taught as part of the course and he hadn't sat it at Higher or got a Credit grade.

And regarding uni's the people I know at Heriot Watt say it's decent enough, although it's in Riccarton I'm sure and it's a half hour bus ride to the centre of Edinburgh which sucks, the Union's been closed as well for redevelopment apparently. At Heriot Watt, I think you do Physics, Maths and Chemistry for first year.

Someone who goes to Edinburgh says it's fantastic. Plenty to do all around and you can live just off the Royal Mile or in the centre of Edinburgh so you're not far away from anything. it has a few Union's I'm sure 3 or 4.

Edited by NotThePars

To be fair to the guy thats just a bunch of us rambling on about our courses and shite, what he wants is proper info and a concise set of information.

I would love to help but I havent finished uni, not by a long shot.

i have only just started uni, but I'll give this a shot with my extremely limited experience.

Uni you go to:

The University of Strathclyde.

Best thing about it:

Professor Richard J. Finlay. The coursework I'm doing is interesting (so far). It's easy to get completely fucked any night of the week (even if you aren't 18, hooray for me) due to the number of parties going on in my halls. The Strathclyde Fox.

Worst thing about it:

It's easy to get completely fucked any night of the week (even if you aren't 18, hooray for me) due to the number of parties going on in my halls. I am doing four subjects in the first semester and I'm starting to feel a bit of strain now.

What is life in the city like:

I haven't been out at the weekends so I can't comment on the social aspect. However Glasgow seems like a decent enough place, and I'm pretty much close to everything I need to be close to.

Rating: /10

At the moment I will give it a 7/10. This will probably decline to a 3 by the end of the month when a shitload of work needs to be in for.

I'm doing Civil Engineering at Edinburgh but in first year all engineers do the same maths and also the same engineering course in the first semester so I know a few people doing chemical engineering and they all seem to enjoy it. I think the entry requirements are AABB for Chemical Engineering. The Uni is good, I'm enjoying my time here.

Uni you went are at now: Strathclyde

Best thing about it: Decent enough people. Campus is relatively close by and pretty easy to navigate through it.

Worst thing about it: Well, this year I have loads of labs and like no assignments. Which is the opposite from last year.

What is life in the city like: Pretty decent. As long as you don't say the wrong thing in the wrong place then you'll be fine. I have only been out at the clubs maybe a dozen times but I've not had any trouble.

Rating: 8/10