Who's Going To Uni?

I had an HRM assignment for today about teams. We were told we could use football as an example. The easiest 1000 words I have ever written.

1000 words? :lol:

Why bother? That's barely more than an introduction and a conclusion! Christ our group SEA scoping report for only 30% of one credit was over 7500!

I've had five reports due this term of 2000 (twice), 3000, 4000 and the 7500 one had no minimum / maximum limit... with a dissertation due in May of ~12000 words (way shorter than my last one!). That's not including any course work for next term!

What course / year are you doing / in???

Why bother? That's barely more than an introduction and a conclusion! Christ our group SEA scoping report for only 30% of one credit was over 7500!

I've had five reports due this term of 2000 (twice), 3000, 4000 and the 7500 one had no minimum / maximum limit... with a dissertation due in May of ~12000 words (way shorter than my last one!). That's not including any course work for next term!

My first semester English course only asked for 1000 words per essay and the first Politics assignment was 750.

1000 words is more difficult that 7000 words. Its actually quite difficult to do a good 1000 word essay as you have to compact your argument and make your point with no waffle.

It can be a lot tougher writing a 1000 word essay over say a 5000 word essay. One of me lecturers always used the quote 'I don't I've time to write you a short letter so I will write you a long one'.

Glad Uni is over for the winter but I still should be doing dissertation work, just can't really be bothered. 1 more sememater to go ever and my enthusiasm is at an all time low. Need an overall course average of 58% to get a 2:1. Hopefully I can scrape that.

1000 words is more difficult that 7000 words. Its actually quite difficult to do a good 1000 word essay as you have to compact your argument and make your point with no waffle.

Bollocks, I'm a scientist, we can write things in shorthand far easier than padding it out.

We get marked on being straight to the point, not on the 'verbosity' of your essay.

My 3000 word essay I wrote in less than a thousand, and trying to pad it out is near impossible!

Got an extra week for my labs biggrin.gif. Someone emailed the lecturer complaining about the conditions and he's cancelled tomorrows lectures. If maths gets cancelled tomorrow morning then I won't be in for the rest of the week and come Monday when I'm next in I won't have been in for like 10 days laugh.gif

Why wouldn't you just extend the loan online to make sure anyway? :unsure:

Can short loan be extended online? I was just checking to see if any update towards tomorrow and noticed it and know there is a few strath students here. Also the union is closed so no cheap alcohol either :lol:

The union, cheap? First I've heard it called that!

At TFI, aye, but not normally! :lol:

Midweek it's usually pretty decent. Tuesday is pound for yer shitty lagers and vodkas etc.

edit: this is on the update page

Adverse weather conditions

(Last updated 8/12/10 at 1600hrs)

9 Dec 2010

Due to the continuing adverse weather conditions and travel difficulties, the University will be closed to students tomorrow - 9 Dec 2010 - and all lectures will be cancelled. The Library will, however, be open from 9am to 2pm. No students will be disadvantaged because of the adverse weather conditions.

University buildings will remain open and staff should come to work if they are able to do so and can get here safely. If you are unable to come to work, you should contact your line manager or if that is not possible contact another member of your team.

The safety and well being of our staff and students is paramount. There are signs that the weather is improving and travel conditions are returning to normal. There is every prospect that normal business will resume on Friday. We will keep the situation under review and we would urge you to keep an eye on news and weather reports.

Library

The John Anderson Library will be open from 9am - 2pm

No 9am start for me tomorrow biggrin.gif

Edited by forehead7

This starting to piss me off, as they've rescheduled my Meat Hygiene class for Tuesday, when I'd normally be off. f**k off with the poofy attitude towards snow. Trains from anywhere that matter are still running, and it's not difficult to drive to Glasgow!

Hmm, Strathclyde is closed tomorrow but I've still not had confirmation that my exam is off.

Reckon there might be a chance it's still on despite the fact students have been told not to come in?

Why you got an exam, you in the law school? Strathclyde exams are in January!

It won't be on, the email said "The safety and well being of our staff and students is paramount", take that as meaning don't risk it. I'll still be going to uni, but older folk can get away with it... head into the staff kitchen in my department, make myself a coffee and relax with my laptop and do some work! :P