Who's Going To Uni?

It won't be on, the email said "The safety and well being of our staff and students is paramount"

Glasgow university doesn't consider that, and the revision session tomorrow for politics is still on.

Getting a little bit pissed off with my lecturers for second year business, they encourage to e-mail queries etc. I even had a meeting with the course coordinator, which the weather put off and now will not happen till the day before the exam. He ignored another query in my email.

E-mailed another lecturer an answer to a previous exam paper asking him to read it and give me feedback.

Reply: Send it again in a different format and I might read it and put it online, is that alright?

Yes.

No response, and it's been several days.

One hasn't responded in any sense.

I don't want to bitch about it because my email will display my student number - which will be on the exam paper.

The course has been pretty shit to be honest, the coordinator was getting pelters during a lecture for releasing 'supplementary' figures shortly before an assignment deadline which changed everyones answer.

I think my studying is going alright though.

Glasgow university doesn't consider that, and the revision session tomorrow for politics is still on.

Getting a little bit pissed off with my lecturers for second year business, they encourage to e-mail queries etc. I even had a meeting with the course coordinator, which the weather put off and now will not happen till the day before the exam. He ignored another query in my email.

E-mailed another lecturer an answer to a previous exam paper asking him to read it and give me feedback.

Reply: Send it again in a different format and I might read it and put it online, is that alright?

Yes.

No response, and it's been several days.

One hasn't responded in any sense.

I don't want to bitch about it because my email will display my student number - which will be on the exam paper.

The course has been pretty shit to be honest, the coordinator was getting pelters during a lecture for releasing 'supplementary' figures shortly before an assignment deadline which changed everyones answer.

I think my studying is going alright though.

My final year project has been changed, and I will only find out what to after the exams... despite spending three months already getting shit results with a terrible HPLC column!

Don't moan about minor trivialities!

Why you got an exam, you in the law school? Strathclyde exams are in January!

All of them, my cousin is doing mechanical or electrical engineering, second year, and he put a facebook status saying "one week till exams are done, cannot wait to party man" on Sunday night.

All of them, my cousin is doing mechanical or electrical engineering, second year, and he put a facebook status saying "one week till exams are done, cannot wait to party man" on Sunday night.

Strange, mine are the 14th and 17th of January, and I'm in the Civil Engineering faculty (for reasons unknown to me... we talk about people falling off ladders, and kitchens with mice in them... what the fuck has that to do with Civil Engineering?)

Strange, mine are the 14th and 17th of January, and I'm in the Civil Engineering faculty (for reasons unknown to me... we talk about people falling off ladders, and kitchens with mice in them... what the f**k has that to do with Civil Engineering?)

Lucky you! tongue.gif Mine are 12th, 19th and 20th of January but whatever course my cousins doing must have exams before Christmas, I wouldn't mind it tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received two unconditionals for Edinburgh. UCAS now looks like:

Dundee - Mech Eng - Waiting

Edinburgh - Mech Eng - Unconditional

Edinburgh - Mech Eng with Renewable Energy - Unconditional

Glasgow - Mech Eng - Unconditional

Strathclyde - Mech Eng - Waiting

Just received two unconditionals for Edinburgh. UCAS now looks like:

Dundee - Mech Eng - Waiting

Edinburgh - Mech Eng - Unconditional

Edinburgh - Mech Eng with Renewable Energy - Unconditional

Glasgow - Mech Eng - Unconditional

Strathclyde - Mech Eng - Waiting

Strathclyde are pretty good for Mechanical Engineering, but you really should have given yourself some breathing room... you wouldn't want to wake up and realise that it isn't what you want to do and you've got no other options! Given you called it Mech Eng your choices are limited to Dundee and Strathclyde anyway, you're not enough of a ponce to go to the other two.

I had all kind of Health related courses on my last UCAS form, okay I accepted my first unconditional and cancelled all the others before hearing from them, but at least that let me know that it was something I wanted to do!

I was supposed to collect a History essay on the 9th in a tutorial but was unable to do so because it was cancelled. We were then e-mailed to tell us that we couldn't collect it but instead we would wait until our last tutorial. I e-mailed my tutor to check our tutorials were on (16th December) because he had cancelled them but we were not told if they were going to be back on, so I wandered over to the McCance building anyway just incase, only to be turned away at the door by some security guy (no idea why). I went to collect my essay on the 17th because I knew there wasn't any other way of me getting it but the History office wasn't staffed that day.

So I need to go down when the uni opens again to get my essay to make sure I didn't fail (I don't think I would have failed but you never know) and then do it again before some unknown date in January. A bit fucking annoying and whilst I do take some of the blame, there were personal problems that resulted in my head up my arse for the final three weeks of the semester.

I can only hope that I don't pick up where I left off.

Strathclyde are pretty good for Mechanical Engineering, but you really should have given yourself some breathing room... you wouldn't want to wake up and realise that it isn't what you want to do and you've got no other options! Given you called it Mech Eng your choices are limited to Dundee and Strathclyde anyway, you're not enough of a ponce to go to the other two.

I had all kind of Health related courses on my last UCAS form, okay I accepted my first unconditional and cancelled all the others before hearing from them, but at least that let me know that it was something I wanted to do!

Doubt I'll change my mind. Planning to try get an RAF sponsorship to be an engineering officer when I graduate.

I'm phucked for where to go though. Doubt it'll be Dundee because I want to move away, kind of exhausted the local student nightlife options here by the time I was in 5th year. :lol: Edinburgh would be good but it's full of St Andrew's wannabes. Then I'm not sure about Strathclyde and Glasgow.

I've only had 2 classes this month and have fell completely out of the swing of things. It's a bit of a nightmare since we go straight back into exam week on the 10th of January and i just cannae get my head set on revision,

99% of people that can be described in those terms are utter wanks!

Dunno about that but even if they are, they aren't the type of people who:

1) Drink beer out of shoes or brush their teeth walking down the street because "they're so random/crazy/zany"

2) Wear Jack Wills and Canterbury trackies and are inbred

That was what was putting me off before I came here. There are a fair few of those types but there's also a lot of decent folk who are into their football and like going out for a pint.

Was speaking to a boy in 2nd year at Edinburgh now and he was telling me the best thing about the place is the washing machines phoning your room when the cycle is done. Is this fact or bullshite? Would be a major pulling factor if it was true. :lol:

Thing about Edinburgh as well, is it not spread out a bit? I think the main campus is a good walk from Waverly Station (don't know where the Engineering campus is though) then the accomodation at Pollock is another good walk. Heard there's good gyms and that though, would be using them and would hope to get into one of the football teams.

Edited by ForzaDundee

Edinburgh is quite spread out but they tend to try and keep relevant subjects together although this was not the case for me in 1st and 2nd year. In not really sure where the mechanical engineering would be but I would imagine it's around the central campus.

It's not really that long a walk from Waverley though. Up the Fleshamarket and up Guthrie Street steps onto Chambers street.

Was speaking to a boy in 2nd year at Edinburgh now and he was telling me the best thing about the place is the washing machines phoning your room when the cycle is done. Is this fact or bullshite? Would be a major pulling factor if it was true. :lol:

That didn't happen in my accomodation (I was self catered) but I think you can get that at Pollock.

Thing about Edinburgh as well, is it not spread out a bit? I think the main campus is a good walk from Waverly Station (don't know where the Engineering campus is though) then the accomodation at Pollock is another good walk. Heard there's good gyms and that though, would be using them and would hope to get into one of the football teams.

Engineering is down at Kings Buildings but as CTID says you might be at both. Waverely to central area is about a 15-20 minute walk, central area to Pollock is about 15-20 minutes, Pollock to Kings would be about 30-35 minutes.

I'm not a member of the gym this semester but I was last year, the facilities there are really good but then every university has facilities like that as far as I know. I was a member last year and will definitely be joining next semester. There's plenty of football teams in the intra-mural that you can join but again I don't play in that.

Edinburgh is quite spread out but they tend to try and keep relevant subjects together although this was not the case for me in 1st and 2nd year. In not really sure where the mechanical engineering would be but I would imagine it's around the central campus.

It's not really that long a walk from Waverley though. Up the Fleshamarket and up Guthrie Street steps onto Chambers street.

I'm not familiar with Edinburgh but if it's them steps I'm thinking of then they are a nightmare. :lol:

That didn't happen in my accomodation (I was self catered) but I think you can get that at Pollock.

Engineering is down at Kings Buildings but as CTID says you might be at both. Waverely to central area is about a 15-20 minute walk, central area to Pollock is about 15-20 minutes, Pollock to Kings would be about 30-35 minutes.

I'm not a member of the gym this semester but I was last year, the facilities there are really good but then every university has facilities like that as far as I know. I was a member last year and will definitely be joining next semester. There's plenty of football teams in the intra-mural that you can join but again I don't play in that.

30-35 minutes, jesus.

Is all the self catered accommodation outside of Pollock or can you still get it there? I don't fancy the catering, always hated school dinner type spaghetti bolognaise and that but would like to be at Pollock.

Was speaking to a boy in 2nd year at Edinburgh now and he was telling me the best thing about the place is the washing machines phoning your room when the cycle is done. Is this fact or bullshite? Would be a major pulling factor if it was true. laugh.gif

I'm not familiar with Edinburgh but if it's them steps I'm thinking of then they are a nightmare. laugh.gif

30-35 minutes, jesus.

Is all the self catered accommodation outside of Pollock or can you still get it there? I don't fancy the catering, always hated school dinner type spaghetti bolognaise and that but would like to be at Pollock.

I'm in 2nd year at Edinburgh doing Civil Engineering. In first year (for all engineering students) all your subjects (unless the outside subject you chose is at Kings) are at the central area. For second year onwards as far as I'm aware all the engineering is at kings, all the civil is anyway. There is much cheaper self catered accomodation other than Pollock spread throughout the city. Pollock is mostly catered.