Who's Going To Uni?

I'm probably reading too much then. Should reading core texts just be fine for most of the time (other than when doing essays)?

I have stuck to the core texts but added in a few of the additional texts.

We had core reading, essential reading, highly recommended reading and I did nothing till the exam. This year I am trying to try <_<

For my history last year it was a case of trying to find sources to fit my arguments, although the other way round is probably better.

Did you get in?

Yeah, I got a couple more A's and C's in 6th year. I don't do B's! I went back to the same course as a mature student and was hitting between 60-70% grades. Didn't complete though as I had my little boy and didn't go back.

I'm finally getting into the swing of things at uni. Adapting to a work load for 4 subjects ( :o ) has been hard going. I fucking hate Geography with a passion although the next few lectures are on Singapore and I love Singapore as a city and know a bit about it - so I'm sorted for that. Got a Geography essay for end of November, but I'm not worried about that yet.

History is great. Finlay seemed like a king for the only lecture he has done. Patricia Barton's lectures are dry and boring. Thankfully I have a dictaphone which means I get a wee snooze during the lecture. The guy I have for tutorials (Dr Johnson) is good, seems like he could be a hero.

Politics is interesting. Professor Mitchell whilst getting a bit over-excited at times, is really good. Thon Greek guy seems decent enough. Haven't had a tutorial yet.

HRM is good. The lecturer is good, and the course is interesting so far. I like the tutorial arrangment of one every fortnight.

The volume of reading I have had to do is astounding.

Grography was a bit of a bore for a while and I really didn't like my tutorial leader as he had no idea. But some of thestuff later in the semester in lectures is interesting. It's a human based course rather than physical.

I think Prof Mitchell is a great lecturer.

HRM can't be taken by monotone Cliff anymore then?! :lol:

How long did it take folks to get a response from their chosen Unis?

Grography was a bit of a bore for a while and I really didn't like my tutorial leader as he had no idea. But some of thestuff later in the semester in lectures is interesting. It's a human based course rather than physical.

I think Prof Mitchell is a great lecturer.

HRM can't be taken by monotone Cliff anymore then?! :lol:

How long did it take folks to get a response from their chosen Unis?

The current lecturer I have is Chris Moore. The man has the worst hairstyle known to man. It makes Bobby Charlton's comb over look exquisite. Words can't explain the monstrosity of what is essentially 5 strands of hair slicked back. He also dresses like someone trying to take the piss out of the early 90s. But thankfully he doesn't have a monotone voice.

I only recently learned that no physical Geography is taught at Strathclyde. It's a fucking cheek to allow someone to graduate with a degree in 'Geography' when you've only done half the subject.

So do I.

Quite enjoying uni at the moment. My workload isn't too much but I really need to get into doing more. I absolutely despise Computing Science, well 1 half of it is alright as I have already covered the stuff in Higher Info Systems but the programming is abysmal. Possibly the most boring thing I've ever done. I can do some of the stuff but other parts I just don't get at all. Already looking forward to dropping it in 2nd year. Liking Maths at the moment again, I covered it last year but this year I am finding it more interesting and inevitably easier since I did make an attempt at it last year. Surprisingly, I'm really enjoying Stats at the moment. The workload isn't much with 1 report a week and some questions for each tutorial. But I'm sure I'll need to get my finger out very soon.

I'm in Honours year and the workload has been ramped up considerably. I have a test tomorrow, another test on Monday and then another one next Friday. Also an essay due in in November and two other tests before exams in December.

Quite enjoying uni at the moment. My workload isn't too much but I really need to get into doing more. I absolutely despise Computing Science, well 1 half of it is alright as I have already covered the stuff in Higher Info Systems but the programming is abysmal. Possibly the most boring thing I've ever done. I can do some of the stuff but other parts I just don't get at all. Already looking forward to dropping it in 2nd year. Liking Maths at the moment again, I covered it last year but this year I am finding it more interesting and inevitably easier since I did make an attempt at it last year. Surprisingly, I'm really enjoying Stats at the moment. The workload isn't much with 1 report a week and some questions for each tutorial. But I'm sure I'll need to get my finger out very soon.

Are you at Glasgow?

I know quite a few first year computing students there.

I'm in Honours year and the workload has been ramped up considerably. I have a test tomorrow, another test on Monday and then another one next Friday. Also an essay due in in November and two other tests before exams in December.

Shit <_<

Are all the Politics students raging left wingers?

I feel like a Daily Mail columnist for being more in the centre :unsure:

In my experience, the stereotype generally holds true, although not nearly to the extent you might think.

I think Law students must be among the least right wing at Glasgow, although the lefties still have the numerical edge.

After Christmas, I am apparently only in on a Monday, for 6 hours. unsure.gif

Its meant to be a full time course, I suppose once when my option module comes in, it wont be so bad.

Are all the Politics students raging left wingers?

I feel like a Daily Mail columnist for being more in the centre :unsure:

I did politics and I'm not. I heard some amount of rubbish from left wing folk in my tutorials tho - apparently Obama is 'almost a God' - umm no he's Hilary Clinton with a pair of bollocks and black skin......

Did anyone else notice the work load increasingly dramatically when they moved into second year?

No, I have found this year a piss walk compared to last year, well not yet, but come January, I'll only be doing 4 subjects.

The increased options in my coursemeans the godawful fucking pretentious clique I was in last year is fragmenting. Thank f**k, I can actually talk to some people on my course without some pretentious arse/privately educated fuckwit who thinks they know everything butting in about someone they've heard of doing a concerto of a work of a composer that was alive at the same time as the one we mentioned in the last lecture.

and before anyone asks, yes. I am drunk.