Who's Going To Uni?

Anyone else doing the whole distance relationship while they're at uni? Or anyone done it, and how was it?

Well, few stories.

Before I went to uni, I was in Aberdeen and my then girlfriend moved to Edinburgh Uni. I worked full-time and had my own car so could travel down every two weeks, any longer than that apart and it'd have been no point to it.

We broke up eventually, not because of the long distance thing, but because she was a c**t.

Had my eyes opened when i went to Uni though, and the amount of girls I managed to get with who had boyfriends back home. I'm sure some of them remain faithful (and I'd like to think old bugger face above did) but in fresher's year especially they all appear to go for it. One awkward moment was a girl I was actually seeing at the time (and sleeping with), her boyfriend came to visit her and I ended up getting introduced to him because he was a Dons fan, which I didn't feel too good about. She broke up with him that weekend though which was for the best.

On a bright note though - my aunt and uncle were apart for four years while my aunt went to uni in Edinburgh and my uncle stayed in northern Ireland, and yet they ended up getting married, so there you go true love does conquer all.

I've done it twice... once between Dundee and Aberdeen, the other time between Edinburgh and Dundee. I have advice some advice for anyone embarking upon such a move: save yourself some heartache and finish it now, then go wild in Freshers week.

There's no chance of me taking that advice, I'm only just with this girl after a year of trying, no way am i throwing it away.

Anyone have a positive experience?

From my experience, roughly 100% of History students are dweebs.

Calling me a dweeb!? :angry:

Anyone else doing the whole distance relationship while they're at uni? Or anyone done it, and how was it?

No personally but it usually ends in disaster, my advice would be to chuck her and make new friends ;)

22, you?

I'm flat 4. Just realised that I haven't sent away any passport photos or that. Oops. :lol:

That was a bit gay so it was.

Nowhere near as gay as the fact that my boyfriend just shagged me up the arse.

I'm filling in my pre registration form on websurf just now and is it okay if I just fill in 2 out of 4 choices then fill in the other 2 after I have met with my adivser of studies? Also, where do you find your percentages? When I click on results in previous studies I only get the grades.

And one of my mates is doing history at Dundee and he is the polar opposite of a "dweeb".

Edited by Supras

I'm filling in my pre registration form on websurf just now and is it okay if I just fill in 2 out of 4 choices then fill in the other 2 after I have met with my adivser of studies? Also, where do you find your percentages? When I click on results in previous studies I only get the grades.

And one of my mates is doing history at Dundee and he is the polar opposite of a "dweeb".

You get your bands, not your percentages. You can ask your school for percentages, but they won't always give them.

You get your bands, not your percentages. You can ask your school for percentages, but they won't always give them.

Where do you find your bands?

And how do you change your password?

Edited by Supras

There is a column with numbers on that grades table.

Second question I don't know the answer to. I'm just using the default.

I think the password changes after you log in 4 times, that's why I want to know as I'm pretty close to that.

I've logged in at least 4 times and it's not expired.

Hmm, sure I read that somewhere :huh: . I'll keep it for the time being but is there any deadline to pre registration, I'm finding out whether I get my scholarship around the 3rd or 4th so would like to leave it until then.

I've still not sent away for that card thingy. I've just realised how casually I'm taking this whole thing. I need to get my arse in gear.

I was like that at first but have recently got my arse in gear. You have no choice bud, you move out in 9 days it has to be done unfortunately. All the best with it.

I'll start properly getting things done after the weekend. It doesn't help working nearly every day. Are you getting the freshers pass?

Aye working will make it more difficult but at least you're earning more beer tokens for Freshers I guess. I really am sounding like my mum but it helps to make a plan of what to do each day, it gives you something to focus on and I've found it just gets things done quicker. ;) And aye I sent off for that today. Because cheques in the post are to be received no later than tomorrow, I think your best bet is to do it via the other option; a postal order made payable to DUSA, the deadline for that is Friday the 4th! Which gives you a bit more time.

Tbh a lot of the Freshers stuff didn't strike a lot of excitement into me, but I see the Pass as a sort of "Social Insurance", which allows you to meet new people and drink, while experiencing new things.

Course, accomodation, funding, student card, supplies and freshers pass - all sorted. :D

Tbh a lot of the Freshers stuff didn't strike a lot of excitement into me, but I see the Pass as a sort of "Social Insurance", which allows you to meet new people and drink, while experiencing new things.

Samesies.

I can't remember seeing anything on Freshers week that I wanted to go see. I just got it so I'm not the only one who doesn't have one.

There's no chance of me taking that advice, I'm only just with this girl after a year of trying, no way am i throwing it away.

Anyone have a positive experience?

You should never look for that sort of advice from any men on this forum.

If you want it to work, do what it takes to make it work. That means communication, keep in touch with her. A few texts a day, a phone call maybe and get home as often as you can.

You should never look for that sort of advice from any men on this forum.

If you want it to work, do what it takes to make it work. That means communication, keep in touch with her. A few texts a day, a phone call maybe and get home as often as you can.

No relationship survives freshers week, well no honest relationship survives freshers week......