Who's Going To Uni?

Any tips on buying books? Had a look on Amazon and they're ripping the arse right out of it. Are there any book websites exclusively for students?

Don't bother buying books, instead be one of those c***s that constantly renews books from the library thus preventing others from learning.

I am one of those c***s.

http://i.imgur.com/a9lui16.gif

I'm staying in Polwarth, similar situation. Got 3 other folk in my flat and I'm not sure if they actually leave their rooms more than once a day. :thumbsdown

Have they given you mattresses yet? When I stayed in Polwarth back in 2004, the beds had sponge pads rather than mattresses.

Have they given you mattresses yet? When I stayed in Polwarth back in 2004, the beds had sponge pads rather than mattresses.

I stayed in Polwarth last year and can confirm that the sponge pads are still there. I thought Polwarth was due for demolition this year actually, well that was what residential services told us when we asked if we could extend our stay into the summer for a few days. Lying gits.

Guest honestrae95

Hope everyone has fun at uni, at the taxpayers expense of course. God forbid you pay for your education yourself.

In 30 years time when all the students of today are rightly paying back into the system. I'll have a wee think about you receiving your state pension, bus pass, free personal care and all the medicines and hospital care that you need. God forbid that you pay for all that yourself...

Any tips on buying books? Had a look on Amazon and they're ripping the arse right out of it. Are there any book websites exclusively for students?.

Try some of the guys in the years above you. They may have books they no longer need.

As Hedgecutter said beware of books recommended by the lecturers. These are often written by themselves or their mates and are cack.

There is almost always a better book. This applies across all subjects.

Good luck and enjoy!

Any tips on buying books? Had a look on Amazon and they're ripping the arse right out of it. Are there any book websites exclusively for students?

Got our sixth and final flatmate today as well. Out of the other 4, I only get on with one of them and the rest are boring as f**k and seem quite content to either sit in their room and make no effort with anybody or go out with pals they already had. She's a good laugh so far so hopefully having her here will make the atmosphere in the flat a little less awkward because there's only like 2 people who actually make an effort (myself included).

Loving it for the most part, though.

Yeah, as others say, don't bother with books. I bought one or two in first year and never even looked at them once. The library/the internet is your friend when it comes to essays. There's thousands of shit on Google to chuck in as a reference.

On your other point, sounds shit. Find it strange they've put a first year into Polwarth rather than actual halls. If possible join a club or something if you're interested in anything in particular, I know for example they run a six-a-side league at the sports centre that I played in. Good way to make a few more pals.

I stayed in Polwarth last year and can confirm that the sponge pads are still there. I thought Polwarth was due for demolition this year actually, well that was what residential services told us when we asked if we could extend our stay into the summer for a few days. Lying gits.

Residential services are all unreasonable c**ts. That Cathy Broadfoot is the worst, a complete cow.

Edited by Enigma