Top Gear

Could be the last ever episode :o

They never said they'd be back like they usually do, Jezza was somberley noting the demise of driving in this country; and more pointedly, the music that was playing in the beautiful Aston film clip was "An Ending" by Brian Eno.

Clues re no more Top Gear? A radically changed programme returning with new presenters? Or just a cool way to finish the series?

You decide

Maybe they're going to stop abusing testing irrelevant super cars!

OK, I can wish!

Just caught the last 10 there, bizarre ending.

I half expected there to be an on screen message at the end with a number for folk to call if they'd been affected by any of the issues in the clip.

The advert where the guy lost his arm was the best :lol:

Loved the bit about people who have shit cars, have no interest in driving therefore if you are not interested you will be crap at it and should have their driving licence taken away.

They really should be aloud to run the country

Edited by Shaggy Jenkins

Could be the last ever episode :o

They never said they'd be back like they usually do, Jezza was somberley noting the demise of driving in this country; and more pointedly, the music that was playing in the beautiful Aston film clip was "An Ending" by Brian Eno.

Clues re no more Top Gear? A radically changed programme returning with new presenters? Or just a cool way to finish the series?

You decide

It will not be the last one, because when he was making the link between the Stig and Schumacher, he stated filming starts in November.

Edited to add:

The adverts they done were brilliant. Certainly the funniest part of this series.

Edited by qos_75

This series has been pretty boring, they really need to freshen it up again as its got pretty stale. Its the same old thing ever week, either they have a race which were brilliant at first, but now, not so much, they wind up james which is obviously scripted, its just getting tedious. Last night the thing with the cool wall and hammond on the lifter you could see coming a mile away, when the laughs are expected, you cease to laugh at them anymore.

Ive found myself watching some of it and then wondering whether to watch the else or switch off.

This series has been pretty boring, they really need to freshen it up again as its got pretty stale. Its the same old thing ever week, either they have a race which were brilliant at first, but now, not so much, they wind up james which is obviously scripted, its just getting tedious. Last night the thing with the cool wall and hammond on the lifter you could see coming a mile away, when the laughs are expected, you cease to laugh at them anymore.

Ive found myself watching some of it and then wondering whether to watch the else or switch off.

I thought this series was pretty poor as well actually; no really funny or exciting episodes.

I quite liked the guests they had but other than that it seemed a bit tired.

agree this series has been pretty poor, usually i stop what i'm doing to give the show my full attention, but after ten minutes last night i switched the laptop back on and started doing other things.

I agree, the whole thing is far too scripted now. It obviously always has been but it is just been pretty blatant recently.

yeah why would the BBC stop making one of it's most popular Tv shows for no reason

Errrr, if Jeremy Clarkson didn't want to do it anymore?

Whatever your opinions of the guy, it just would not be worth watching if he wasn't in it and would die a slow death with another frontman.

Guest Dunc?

Does Clarkson not own the entire programme?

I thought that was why he gets away with all his offensive jokes - because if the BBC pressures him he'll just shift the entire programme to ITV.

Edit: I've had a wee look, and it doesn't appear to be true. I was under the impression that when the original format of Top Gear was wound down, Clarkson bought up the rights to the name, etc and as such has the BBC over a barrel. I'm beginning to doubt that this is actually the case though.

Further Edit: Jeremy Clarkson is a major shareholder in a company called "Bedder 6" which was originally founded to own and run Top Gear. Between then and now though, BBC Worldwide bought just over half of the company's shares.

Edited by Dunc?

I quite enjoyed it, I agree they need to liven it up abit, loved the Bugatti v Maclaren in Dubai, that was a good way to end that show, the stig jokes are always quite funny and lastnights "get this car for your business if it envolves selling lucky white heathers and clothpegs."