Nom Nom Nom

13 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Seared in a pan and then 8 hours in the slow cooker, mainly on low setting. Had forgotten I have one apart from for making stock or coconut oil infused with the naughty stuff in the last wee while as I got a Dutch oven last year and everything I would usually do in The slow cooker I do in there 

That doesn't sound like the most hygienic way to cook anything, mate.

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

That doesn't sound like the most hygienic way to cook anything, mate.

Haha whenever I write that it always reminds me of a Jim Campbell line in the Football Ramble, back before they started spamming 5 episodes a week and went up their own arses, that the adjective "Dutch" always makes something sound dirty

14 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Made an Italian chicken stew from a Jamie Oliver recipe today. Not good. Probably added too much lemon juice, and noone was impressed.

Sad times. Need to stick to tried and tested more often.

The fat tongued twat overdoes the lemon juice in everything. Tread lightly with that particular ingredient.

14 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Braised brisket with parmesan polenta and some avocado. The liquid gives it a slightly unfortunate look but was absolutely delicious. One of the occasions where you make something in order to have leftovers to use, rest of the brisket will be going into quesadillas for lunch tomorrow

IMG_20200617_190110.jpg

Agree with Mixu, it looks immense. Polenta is the unsung hero of the starch/carb world. When properly cooked it is a thing of beauty.

6 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Agree with Mixu, it looks immense. Polenta is the unsung hero of the starch/carb world. When properly cooked it is a thing of beauty.

Particularly like when polenta is set & then pan fried.

His 30 minute meals were quickly shown to be absolute nonsense and only achievable if you had all the ingredients pre-prepared  (as in all chopped, cut, diced etc).

Had a great theme tune though.

Iv seen him make carbonara about 5 different ways and all of them look shit. Firing fucking yoghurt in one IIRC

I liked that series where he went round Italy putting his own twist on local dishes and without exception the Italians just went "this is all wrong what the f**k is this crap"

3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I liked that series where he went round Italy putting his own twist on local dishes and without exception the Italians just went "this is all wrong what the f**k is this crap"

Or the time the whole of Spain threatened him after he put chorizo in paella

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Or the time the whole of Spain threatened him after he put chorizo in paella

Obviously it’s not a typical Paella, but the ‘mountain paella’ made in some parts of Spain do include chorizo.

I also use Chorizo when I make paella, it’s a great addition and the Spanish can GTF.

That would explain everything. Nobody in Spain likes the Spanish from the mountains. They are known as Fanáticas de los guardabosques.
Everything I see written in Spanish I hear in the voice of Nairobi from Money Heist [emoji7]

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Obviously it’s not a typical Paella, but the ‘mountain paella’ made in some parts of Spain do include chorizo.

I also use Chorizo when I make paella, it’s a great addition and the Spanish can GTF.

So do I. My kids would kill me if I didn’t!