Nom Nom Nom

6 minutes ago, Lucyintheskywithdiamonds said:

Afternoon tea earlier with the bfs parents. 

79DBF730-8AEA-4CFB-B9B6-7175E74649FD.jpeg

5F951770-7FFB-4CBD-9EEB-F0BA8D433BA9.jpeg

Scones are an etiquette nightmare. Clotted cream before or after jam?

Just now, Venti said:

Scones are an etiquette nightmare. Clotted cream before or after jam?

Well Im unique in that I put butter on before the Jam then the cream on top. As I have sampled many scones over the years I’d say hands down the best ones I’ve had.They were served hot apparently freshly baked that day. 

4 minutes ago, Lucyintheskywithdiamonds said:

Well Im unique in that I put butter on before the Jam then the cream on top. As I have sampled many scones over the years I’d say hands down the best ones I’ve had.They were served hot apparently freshly baked that day. 

Best advice I can give is sticking your flour in the fridge & putting the butter in the freezer for a bit before making the scones.

15 hours ago, AMMjag said:

4088600434469_0_L.jpg.e8048dfbce317bb190459ee1f6f5ecb3.jpg

Inspired by the Crisps thread.

Had them opened and finished within a few minutes. 8/10

How long do you normally take to eat a bag of crisps?

On 21/05/2023 at 17:13, jimbaxters said:

image.thumb.png.74633459232ddc09949c68867310bc15.png

Strozzapreti Carbonara and Tagliolini Cacio e pepe. Off the charts!

We went to this restaurant when we were in Milan last year.We had to queue an hour and a half to get a table but was well worth the wait.We both had carbonara and hands down best carbonara I’ve ever tasted.Was very cool watching them make the pasta in the window whilst we waited on a table

6 hours ago, Lucyintheskywithdiamonds said:

We went to this restaurant when we were in Milan last year.We had to queue an hour and a half to get a table but was well worth the wait.We both had carbonara and hands down best carbonara I’ve ever tasted.Was very cool watching them make the pasta in the window whilst we waited on a table

Aye, we first tried one in Rome and were blown away. There are two in Milan now and they are queued every day, even weekdays and locals eat there too, not just tourists. We were lucky this time but when we came out at 2.30 p.m. there were still about 15 people outside. The key is to go for it opening at 12 or maybe wait until after 3 p.m. 

It's also pricey at 18 euros for a pasta dish but it's genuinely worth it as it's the benchmark for fresh pasta. If anyone is going to Rome, Milan or Bologna you absolutely have to try it

Homemade small plates tonight...

BBQ wings, beer battered onion rings, baked Scallops and prawns with butter, garlic and honey, fried Scallops and prawns with Nduja and Honey. 

Tomato, basil, black garlic and cured meat salad with burrata (untouched, will be lunch tomorrow) and potato and avocado salad with crispy chorizo and homemade Mayo using chorizo oil 

20230602_200508.thumb.jpg.aa0218d2113d9d83de6fa1773d20f09b.jpg

20230602_202159.thumb.jpg.6bf17003cc8db70fad8040eba8d53db4.jpg

2 hours ago, Hard Graft said:

Where did you get your Burrata - finding it hard to scource?

Where are you? There's a magic wee Italian Deli that usually have it in Falkirk. Failing that, Waitrose is the only other place locally that I know of. 

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Where are you? There's a magic wee Italian Deli that usually have it in Falkirk. Failing that, Waitrose is the only other place locally that I know of. 

If that's the one in Grahams Rd I will try again. last time I was in they had none.