Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

The only major differance between heartgold and soulsilver is in heartgold you get access to Ho-oh first, and in soul silver you get access to lugia first.

I think £30 is likely the cheapest you will see it for a while mate.

Wandering Kanto, not gonna do any gyms for a while, just gonna explore. Training up a munchlax and dratini.

Wanting to use new pokemon as i kinda got bored of the squad

I recommend a Lapras to replace your Blastoise then. Although I'm not sure if you can catch one in the game, besides one which appears in Union Cave every Friday.

Well, 30 hours and 25 mins played,

and that's me just beaten the 8th gym. Lapras' Ice Beam, and Ampharos dealt with the gym trainers and leader fairly easily.

Ampharos - Level 41

Lapras - Level 40

Dragonair - Level 39

Kadabra - Level 38

Pidgeot - Level 37

Typhlosion - Level 37

Got my Master Ball from Elm, now I'm off to catch Lugia. :D

Fucking hell. Fell asleep after getting myself back to the same stage as I was when I accidentally turned the game off and hadn't saved AGAIN. You have no idea how annoying this is.

Ouch. How come you go so long without saving though? I'm feart I'll do

something like that, so I save before/after every trainer, or if I catch

a rare pokemon, or one of my own levels up.

Will you be catching Lugia with the Master Ball? I don't understand why people do that. It's not as if it's going to run away. Then again, there isn't anything that you really need to catch with it. I just like having it in my bag.

Opened my save game to find myself at the top of Bell Tower (didn't it used to be called Tin Tower?) I can't remember getting up there, but I'll accept this. Only downside is that Ho-oh isn't actually there yet. <_<

I recommend a Lapras to replace your Blastoise then. Although I'm not sure if you can catch one in the game, besides one which appears in Union Cave every Friday.

Well, 30 hours and 25 mins played,

and that's me just beaten the 8th gym. Lapras' Ice Beam, and Ampharos dealt with the gym trainers and leader fairly easily.

Ampharos - Level 41

Lapras - Level 40

Dragonair - Level 39

Kadabra - Level 38

Pidgeot - Level 37

Typhlosion - Level 37

Allready caught sir, training him now.

Started today, going to take down the 3rd gym tomorrow!

Team is:

Tentacool

Flaafy

Pidgy

Bellsprout

All lvl 17.

I shall catch Sodowoodo and Koffing to complete the set. Not as strong as some of the teams on here but more of a challange.

Won the 3rd badge. Did some competitions so I can get the leaf stone in anticipation of needing it for Bellsprout. Fucked oof Pidgeotto for a Yanma.

Ouch. How come you go so long without saving though? I'm feart I'll do

something like that, so I save before/after every trainer, or if I catch

a rare pokemon, or one of my own levels up.

That would be far too sensible. I usually leave it plugged into the charger so I just save when I'm finished playing for a while. About half way back to it after going out this afternoon.

Will you be catching Lugia with the Master Ball? I don't understand why people do that. It's not as if it's going to run away. Then again, there isn't anything that you really need to catch with it. I just like having it in my bag.

Opened my save game to find myself at the top of Bell Tower (didn't it used to be called Tin Tower?) I can't remember getting up there, but I'll accept this. Only downside is that Ho-oh isn't actually there yet. <_<

Lugia is the one that it makes sense to go at with the Masterball. If you use the formula for catching Pokémon, it quickly becomes clear that even if you get it down to 1HP and Asleep, a level 70 Legendary (all with catch rates of 0.03) will be harder to obtain than a level 40 legendary (for example) in the same situation. For everything else, they're not going to run, and you should always have a good stock of Dusk and Ultra Balls.

Anyway...

In other news I have been away at the Pokewalker all day on Yellow Forest, and having captured nothing but dull Pikachus all day, I was just about to give up for now and send my Pokemon back. I sort of half-heartedly had a last look for a Pokemon and it was a rare one. Managed to catch it and transported it back and it's a Flying Pikachu! Now just to get a Surfing one. Also managed to get a Light Ball (which you can use to teach Pichus Volt-Tackle with breeding) and a couple of Miracle Seeds which will come in handy using the Dowsing Machine.

Edited by Carbolic Smoke Cures Colds

Lugia is the one that it makes sense to go at with the Masterball. If you use the formula for catching Pokémon, it quickly becomes clear that even if you get it down to 1HP and Asleep, a level 70 Legendary (all with catch rates of 0.03) will be harder to obtain than a level 40 legendary (for example) in the same situation. For everything else, they're not going to run, and you should always have a good stock of Dusk and Ultra Balls.

Pfft. Pokémon doesn't need formulae. :P

24:00 played.

Still training them all to level 40. Only got Pupitar (10 levels), Dragonair (4 levels) and Growlithe (2 levels) to go. I may leave Pupitar until later though. Should hopefully have defeated Clair before I go to bed, which then I can battle Ho-oh, and take my first steps into Kanto.

Just caught that badboi Articuno at lv50 with a Dusk Ball.

Got 15 badges. Feraligatr is lv60, Dragonite lv57, Umbreon lv 55, Espeon lv 53, Nidoking lv 51, Ho-Oh lv54, Pidgeot lv5, Snorlax lv50.

Pokedex Caught List:

Caterpie

Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot

Rattatta, Raticate

Spearow, Fearow

Pikachu

Sandshrew

Nidoran (F)

Nidoran (M), Nidorino, Nidoking

Jigglypuff

Golbat

Paras

Psyduck

Growlithe

Machop

Bellsprout

Geodude

Ponyta

Slowpoke

Magnemite

Gastly, Haunter

Krabby

Electrode

Kangaskhan

Goldeen

Scyther

Gyarados

Eevee, Umbreon, Espeon

Snorlax

Articuno

Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite

Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr

Hoothoot

Spinarak

Togepi, Togetic

Mareep

Marill

Sudowoodo

Sunkern

Girafarig

Shuckle

Stantler

Magby

Ho-oh

Game time: 69:12 :ph34r:

Just caught that badboi Articuno at lv50 with a Dusk Ball.

Game time: 69:12 :ph34r:

Ah... back in the day (pokemon red) I caught Articuno with a great ball. I have amassed 11 hours in 2 days :unsure::ph34r:

Want to change my team up a little, not too fond of Pidgeotto or Machamp, plus I want to keep space for Swinub/Piloswine, so currently it's looking like...

Feraligatr lv33

Ampharos lv33

Arcanine lv34

Victreebel lv33

Togetic lv34

I'm liking this so far, just about to go and take on gym number 6.

Now caught 82 Pokemon.

Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur

Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree

Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill

Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot

Rattata, Raticate

Spearow, Fearow

Pikachu, Raichu

Sandshrew, Sandslash

Nidoran(F), Nidorina, Nidoqueen

Clefairy, Clefable

Vulpix, Ninetales

Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff

Zubat, Golbat

Paras, Parasect

Venonat, Venomoth

Diglett, Dugtrio

Meowth, Persian

Mankey, Primeape

Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath

Abra, Kadabra

Machop, Machoke

Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebell

Tentacool, Tentacruel

Geodude, Graveler

Slowpoke

Magnemite, Magneton

Farfetch'd

Doduo, Dodrio

Seel

Grimer

Gastly, Haunter

Drowzee, Hypno

Krabby

Voltorb

Exeggcute

Exeggutor

Hitmonchan

Rhyhorn

Kangaskhan

Goldeen

Pinsir

Magikarp, Gyrados

Lapras

Kabuto

Aerodactyl

Snorlax

I'm at the Elite 4 but Agatha just wipes me out every time. Need to train up a good Ghost / Psychic type to take care of her poison ones.

Edited by Gaz

Couldn't be arsed going for Lugia yet, so I chased Raikou about a bit trying to get him....and I did :D

Right now, I'm training up my side for the Elite Four, still a wee bit short I think.

Ampharos - level 45

Typhlosion - level 43

Dragonair - level 43

Pidgeot - level 42

Lapras - level 41

Alakazam - level 40

Couldn't be arsed going for Lugia yet, so I chased Raikou about a bit trying to get him....and I did :D

Right now, I'm training up my side for the Elite Four, still a wee bit short I think.

Ampharos - level 45

Typhlosion - level 43

Dragonair - level 43

Pidgeot - level 42

Lapras - level 41

Alakazam - level 40

Id get them to at least 50 mate, Especially your lapras, cause those 3 dragonites are b*****ds.

Id get them to at least 50 mate, Especially your lapras, cause those 3 dragonites are b*****ds.

I'm slowly getting there. They're all at 45/46 now, and I chucked Pidgeot for Lugia. The wee cut scene before you fight Lugia was superb I thought, with him bursting through the waterfall.

Got Dragonair and Lapras both equipped with Ice Beam to deal with those Dragonites. I think if I get them all to at least level 48, I'll give it a go, I should get through the first few of the Elite 4 fairly comfortably.

Managed to beat Clair at the first time of asking, simply thanks to Octillery and his Aurora Beam. Then to go get Ho-oh, which had about 6HP left, and I ran out of Ultra Balls (I stocked around 20), so I had to give in and use the Master Ball.

Currently training my Pokémon up before heading up to Victory Road.

Lv. 40 - Growlithe

Lv. 41 - Dragonair

Lv. 32 - Pupitar

Lv. 40 - Meganium

Lv. 41 - Octillery

Lv. 42 - Ampharos

Need to find a suitable place to train up Pupitar. As far as I can remember, there's a Pokémon Centre on the route I'm on, so I can train him up there. I still need a Pokémon that can learn Fly, so it's getting really irritating having to run everywhere, but when I get my Dragonite it will be worth it.

Managed to beat Clair at the first time of asking, simply thanks to Octillery and his Aurora Beam. Then to go get Ho-oh, which had about 6HP left, and I ran out of Ultra Balls (I stocked around 20), so I had to give in and use the Master Ball.

NOOOB! Save before encountering a legendary.

About to face the gym in cianwood city with my team looking like this:

Ampharos level 30

Jirachi level 31

Ivysaur level 30

Feraligatr level 30

I also have somones shuckle to look after which is weird...