Snow!

xbl

Guest The Phoenix

Top of our street is murder. Cars really struggling to get out. Looks like another day of howfing it on foot to the shops

I got out of the estate in my wife's Corsa (brilliant in the snow) and came straight back in again - the place I was going was shut!!

My car (useless in the snow) will be stuck in the driveway until next year by the looks of things.

Guest The Phoenix

It is bad phoenix. I had help umpteen folk yesterday that were stuck. My car ain't going anywhere today. Will just walk it up the town and watch the grannyslipping Olympics ;)

Oi! That's Mrs P you're talking about. :ph34r:

I've never seen Stirling closed in all the time I've been there. Even on christmas day, its still open.

HW is out in the middle of nowhere, I believe the rationale was the risk of getting everyone in and out safely -snow was bloody thick out ther eyesterday. Bus is still running, and as a postgrad I have a keycard for getting into the building after hours, but that's no use if the internal doors are shut.

HW is out in the middle of nowhere, I believe the rationale was the risk of getting everyone in and out safely -snow was bloody thick out ther eyesterday. Bus is still running, and as a postgrad I have a keycard for getting into the building after hours, but that's no use if the internal doors are shut.

A bunch of the undergrads I know did an all nighter on Sunday because they went in to work on an assignment and couldn't get home. :lol:

You don't need a keycard for Stirling, its open. You just walk in, no matter the time or day.

A bunch of the undergrads I know did an all nighter on Sunday because they went in to work on an assignment and couldn't get home. :lol:

You don't need a keycard for Stirling, its open. You just walk in, no matter the time or day.

Well you see, unlike you code monkeys, we engineers don't like the idea of just anybody wandering about when we have £100,000s worth of equipment lying around.

If it's still shut tomorrow, I'll risk it and see if I can get in - I've only got time limited access to certain software capabilities and really need to get on with measuring some results that I got. What's really fucking me off is the fact that I've done the hard part, the easy part should be straight forward but I'm stuck fighting the machine to get the correct analysis....

Why don't you just marry Stirling if you love it so much?