Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

36 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

My youngest has just lost his first tooth.

Probably shouldn't have punched him so hard tbh.

Awww. I remember my daughter losing her first one and then the last one just recently. I think it was about five years exactly from first to last. Tooth fairy inflation has been hellish. I was made up if I got 20p whereas she'd get somewhere from £2-£5 from us and then the grannies would usually post her some dosh too.

Just now, Mozzamozza said:

What age should kids (that arent brought up on coca cola, pink wafer biscuits and haribo) be losing their teeth?

What kind of monster doesn't bring their kids up on coca cola, biscuits and Haribo? My daughter's started falling out just before turning 6 and she's lost them all now just before turning 11.

Spoiler

Her baby teeth were all gone by the time she was 2. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-36785399

This individual punched a guy on a night out, the guy fell and hit his head and died.  The culprit has been jailed for 32 months, I'd imagine he will serve less than half of that.

I accept that when he punched the guy he would not have meant to kill him but nonetheless the death is a direct result of his actions.

Anyone else think 32 months is a ridiculous sentence for this?

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This individual punched a guy on a night out, the guy fell and hit his head and died.  The culprit has been jailed for 32 months, I'd imagine he will serve less than half of that.

I accept that when he punched the guy he would not have meant to kill him but nonetheless the death is a direct result of his actions.

It's sad but hardly unique - pretty sure there was a similar story in Dundee not long ago. Of course the culprit never meant to kill him but if you thump someone, especially if they've had a couple of drinks, there's a chance they'll either be out cold before they hit the ground or will be too disorientated to brace themselves. Their head is then coming into contact with the ground at a great rate of knots from about six feet up. 

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It's sad but hardly unique - pretty sure there was a similar story in Dundee not long ago. Of course the culprit never meant to kill him but if you thump someone, especially if they've had a couple of drinks, there's a chance they'll either be out cold before they hit the ground or will be too disorientated to brace themselves. Their head is then coming into contact with the ground at a great rate of knots from about six feet up. 

There would probably have been another case if whichever poster it was Granny Danger offered out for a square go had taken him up on it.

There was a case (it was posted on here a while back) where a woman embezzled £1.3m and got 3 years for it at her sentencing yesterday.

Claim/Steal £20,000 wrongly in benefits, you get a year. Steal £1.3m you get 3 years.

I know which route I'd be taking.

There was. I was playing amateur football at the time and we had a game at Fairmuir against the guys team (NCR I think???).

About halfway through about 4 transit vans pulled up on Park Road and about 4 boys come out of each van with bats and golf clubs and started running towards the pitch. Safe to say everybody shat themselves for a bit until they realised that they were just after the one guy because he was halfway down Strathmartine road with what appeared to be an undercover polis officer.

We got told that there'd been a fight on a night out between two teams and that boy was the one that had hit the poor guy who passed away.

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

There would probably have been another case if whichever poster it was Granny Danger offered out for a square go had taken him up on it.

I don't know - these auld yins can be sly. I know one OAP who decked his younger neighbour in a row over some bushes (classy Fife behaviour). 

For me there has to be a balance between intent and consequence.

The guy probably had no intention to do serious harm but as a direct consequence of his action somebody died.

Sentence seems about right to me.

The other half has a week off work in September and suggested we take a few days in Oslo. I checked the sport and saw Lorenskog (just outside of Oslo) are playing TPS in the Champions Hockey League that week. I've not seen TPS since I had a season ticket five years ago. I'm well looking forward to meeting up with some anti-social Finns again. On vain yksi!

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Jack McCoy would've been pushing for the death penalty  :angry:

I'd thought that intent didn't matter in cases like that - if you hit someone, you're responsible for what happens, end of story. Not worth getting annoyed about for randoms like us, however, as we don't have any of the details that the High Heed Yins will have been privy too.