Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

17 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Thank you guys.  It was very unexpected, which I don't know if that makes it better or not.

He had been away on holiday with us last month and my sister was there and all his grandkids, so it's comforting to know that one of the last things he did gave him so much joy.

Maybe better for him but maybe tougher for the family if they've not had a chance to prepare for it.  What age was he?

34 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe better for him but maybe tougher for the family if they've not had a chance to prepare for it.  What age was he?

He was 72. They think he had a massive ulcer that ruptured so it would have been very quick. 

Very sorry to hear that. I don't know you and I didn't know your dad but, having lost a variety of people in the last half dozen years or so, take heart from the fact that it was so quick.

It certainly won't feel like it right now but it is for all of us inevitable. There's never a right time to go, but there's a right way to go. And I think your dad would be happy to have gone having had such good times recently and with his dignity intact.

Thank you guys.  It was very unexpected, which I don't know if that makes it better or not.

He had been away on holiday with us last month and my sister was there and all his grandkids, so it's comforting to know that one of the last things he did gave him so much joy.

My opinion on death and the length has been this:-

Sudden/Shock death = Good for victim, bad for family.

Long death/Knowing it's coming death = Bad for victim, good for family.

Obviously neither are "good" and my theory is only my opinion based on my experiences. But found it a lot easier dealing with death when I knew the writing was on the wall for the person. I had time to start coming to terms with it and in the end I was just wanting them to pass as it was difficult to see them lying waiting for their last breath.

When it was a sudden death I spent 3 months in shock not being able to come to terms with what had happened.

When it's long for them they have to suffer in pain a lot whereas if it's sudden they probably didn't have a clue and it'll be a painless death a lot of the time.

I can't give you any solid advice as I've not lost a parent. But my only words of wisdom would be for you not to rush things eg. Work. As it's a shock death the grief may not fully hit you for a good while as the shock will take control but a day will come when it'll hit you and you'll probably break down. Also, crying helped me like nothing else and I'm not embarrassed to admit I did plenty of that.

Sorry for the loss KB and I hope you and your family are doing as well as can be.

Jailed for 3 years for sending Tweets.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36794888

How about arresting some real criminals instead of sitting on the Internet.

I want her arrested but not jailed.

Surely we have to have a decent system of punishment (community service?) when jail just doesn't make sense.

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

It's strange that I feel the need to tell a bunch of strangers on the internet this, but I spend so much time on here that I feel almost comfortable doing it.

I hadn't been able to get a hold of my dad since yesterday and I was worried so I left work early and nipped round to his house.

No answer at the door so I let myself in and found him upstairs in bed.  He'd been dead for a day the doctor reckons. 

I'm totally numb at the moment.  I feel like I need an adult to tell me what I need to do, but the guy I would normally go to isn't able to help me anymore.

Jesus f**k, KB. Don't know why, but that was a bit of a shock to read.

As others have said, hope the family are giving you the support you need, and it sounds about as good a death as you can expect. You're in charge now, chief; if it helps any, I'm sure your dad felt just as lost when it was his turn to be the top dog.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Is there a way for the courts to ban folk from social media (genuine question)?

"In addition, she was banned for 10 years from using any device with internet capability without it being able to store the history of its use."

"In addition, she was banned for 10 years from using any device with internet capability without it being able to store the history of its use."

Does that bit at the end basically mean she can use the internet but won't be able to hide stuff?

Is this punishment effective?

Does that bit at the end basically mean she can use the internet but won't be able to hide stuff?

Is this punishment effective?

Pretty much, yeah. She can use the net but can't delete the history. I'm not sure how they'd be able to stop her just using the 'private' window as she pleases or how they'd find out she has outwith supervising her 24/7(?)

I'd like to know the background of how she knows the mother and why she thought this would be 'cool'. She's twenty, she's not so young anymore and IMO, in those court pictures, she doesn't seem to be showing much remorse. She turned up in a multicolour Superdry jumper ffs. 

She's gone to jail, without doubt she'll get booted black and blue for this. Stupid, stupid lassie. 

Edited by Deeboy