Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

Get your foot or shin out the road then!emoji39.png

Also if you're moaning about getting hurt playing football (accident or not) then it's time to hang up your boots. Sorry, trainers.

I play 8 a side at the Falkirk Stadium or sometimes Stenhousemuir, and occasionally the odd game of 5's which are on 4G turf or whatever the latest artificial surface is called. Usually always good competitive games. Don't think I've noticed a single person that doesn't wear mouldies.

All of this seems correct, though I cannot confirm if you really are cool as f**k emoji39.png

Never played with a mouldmaster or on an ash pitch. Neither of these things have never existed anywhere out-with Glasgow and Lanarkshire. Fact.

Both sound dreadful.

I  don't moan about unavoidable accidents. I do moan about inconsiderate, delusional cluggers trying to prove they something they are not. Bounce games are not competitive. They can be keenly contested, but you don't need to dress up as a real footballer to play.

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Never played with a mouldmaster or on an ash pitch. Neither of these things have never existed anywhere out-with Glasgow and Lanarkshire. Fact.

Both sound dreadful.

They were.  Brutal football pitch and a brutal football.  Respect to those adept at slide-tackles on a blaze pitch.  

That ping still gives me fear. Brookmyre summed it up for me.

The rough-finish Mitre. Half football, half Portuguese Man o' War. On the verge of a ban in the European Court of Human Rights, this model is not for sale to children. Used exclusively by teachers during gym classes as a kind of aversion therapy. Made from highly durable fibre-glass, stuffed with neutron star and coated with dead jellyfish. Advantages: looks quite grown up, makes for high-scoring matches (keepers won't even attempt to catch it). Disadvantages: scars or maims anything it touches.

15 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

They were.  Brutal football pitch and a brutal football.  Respect to those adept at slide-tackles on a blaze pitch.  

My first concussion came as the result of a well struck Mouldmaster rebounding from the post and knocking me over, causing me to batter the back of my head off a bare patch on the blaze, which itself was the result of dragging the ash to make a tee for a bye kick.

My first concussion came as the result of a well struck Mouldmaster rebounding from the post and knocking me over, causing me to batter the back of my head off a bare patch on the blaze, which itself was the result of dragging the ash to make a tee for a bye kick.

You're meant to kick it the other way!

I don't know why (99% sure it's because of cottagers and drug dealers hanging about taking advantage of mentally ill people) but there's a weird health and safety thing that means the public toilet in our hospital is locked at weekends and aint allowed opened. Our hospital is also used, a lot, as a filming location at weekends. The film crew gets given a key for the toilet but, for some reason, the producer that has the key isn't on site or given the key to anyone else. The only toilet on site they can use is the one in my office but there's a public toilet across the street. Some lassie comes in and asks if there's a toilet on site she can use and I really can't be arsed with half a film crew walking in and out of here all day so I point her toward the public toilet in the park across the street.

Have since watched a parade of gorgeous young lassies dressed up as 1950s style nurses walking past my office to use the public toilet instead of coming in here where I can give them some chat and get fired in.

I would be ragin' about this but at least none of them will interrupt me watching the Morton game later.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

DU fans in banana skin moments, eh?  Were you at East End Park today?