Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

20 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Absolutely anything relating to the robotification of peoples jobs should be sabotaged at every turn. 

By sending this response by letter you could have saved a Posties job, typsetter and printers roles at the newspaper.......and I do not think you have given a moments thought to the poor paper boy who will be made redundant in the morning

12 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I JUST DID A BIG POO IN MY PANTS!!!

The caption came up before the picture appeared and I was wondering "Why the hell has he shared that with us?"

On 13/02/2024 at 01:12, Bairnardo said:

Absolutely anything relating to the robotification of peoples jobs should be sabotaged at every turn. 

New technology is good and makes everyone’s life better

image.thumb.jpeg.cea4410a37318b207b8c187938d3925c.jpeg

On 21/01/2024 at 18:59, Newbornbairn said:

Where do they get nurses from these days? Visiting my wife at Forth Valley and the nurse is checking off the medicines on her bedside table with a list on her laptop. After a while we notice she's having trouble finding something. Five minutes of "tutting" and sighing as she tries to find this on the list of asthma inhalers

20240121_180550.thumb.jpg.87232e620935ea1017daf3da25b7de00.jpg

On 21/01/2024 at 19:30, Newbornbairn said:

Same nurse came in with a medicine trolley to give my wife her fragmen injection but noticed she was due to get her drink supplement so she wandered off to get that from the fridge. Came back, gave her the drink and wandered off again with her medicine trolley - without giving the fragmen injection. 25 minutes later she hadn't come back and was nowhere to be seen on the ward.

Seems incapable of holding two thoughts in her head at the same time. 

On 25/01/2024 at 07:46, Melanius Mullarkant said:

Agency nurses presumably. Surprised she didn’t just drop everything on the floor at the hour mark and say, “that’s my shift done, see you”

On 25/01/2024 at 08:50, Newbornbairn said:

Pretty much sums up the agency nurse's attitude. One of them said she was going to get my wife's scheduled pain meds and went on her break instead.

Ward B11 at Forth Valley is a shambles. Loads of agency nurses because of absenteeism and sickness with the regular staff. Bad management. 

On 25/01/2024 at 08:55, Melanius Mullarkant said:

Same up in Dundee. Hoaching with them.  Bussing them up from Manchester and the likes.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2024/feb/14/nhs-nurses-being-investigated-for-industrial-scale-qualifications

"Hundreds of frontline NHS staff are treating patients despite being under investigation for their part in an alleged “industrial-scale” qualifications fraud.

More than 700 nurses are caught up in a potential scandal, which a former head of the Royal College of Nursing said could put NHS patients at risk.

The scam allegedly involves proxies impersonating nurses and taking a key test in Nigeria, which must be passed for them to become registered and allowed to work in the UK."

17 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2024/feb/14/nhs-nurses-being-investigated-for-industrial-scale-qualifications

"Hundreds of frontline NHS staff are treating patients despite being under investigation for their part in an alleged “industrial-scale” qualifications fraud.

More than 700 nurses are caught up in a potential scandal, which a former head of the Royal College of Nursing said could put NHS patients at risk.

The scam allegedly involves proxies impersonating nurses and taking a key test in Nigeria, which must be passed for them to become registered and allowed to work in the UK."

Hot Damn 99 GIF - Hot Damn 99 Nine Nine - Discover & Share GIFs

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

In defence of the nurses, the ones at St. John's in Livingston could not have been any better when I was in there last week.

The problem at Forth Valley is very much down to one ward and it's known about. The wife's been discharged now and being looked after by District Nurses and when she said she'd been in B11 they winced and said they'd heard a lot of stories about that ward.

For instance, one agency nurse cleaned her wound about 2am but said "There's quite a stink from it" (it's an intestinal wound) so she opened the window wide, raised the bed as high as it would go and pushed it over to the window. In January. She was freezing and the Dr wasn't impressed when he came around in the morning.

The ward next door, B12, is totally different. Brilliant staff and fantastic care. 

Just worked out that it is CONSIDERABLY cheaper to buy bottles of salad dressing from the supermarket, instead of making your own basic one with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Ridiculous that its even possible. What the f**k is going on with the price of olive oil?

9 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Just worked out that it is CONSIDERABLY cheaper to buy bottles of salad dressing from the supermarket, instead of making your own basic one with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Ridiculous that its even possible. What the f**k is going on with the price of olive oil?

Noticed that the other week. About £7 for a litre of Tesco own brand. Couldn't believe it. 

I'd hardly call olive oil & balsamic vinegar basic.

They are both expensive items - olive oil especially with whats going on over there.

Tesco will no doubt be using someting like rapeseed oil & non brewed condiment.😋