Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

A wine is "corked" when it is left upright for a long time and the cork dries out and shrinks. This let's air in and spoils the wine, wine racks do not keep wine bottles on their side by accident.

A wine is "corked" when it is left upright for a long time and the cork dries out and shrinks. This let's air in and spoils the wine, wine racks do not keep wine bottles on their side by accident.

True corking is where the cork itself is actually contaminated which then causes the wine to react with it and go bad. You should be able to tell the wine is bad from when you smell the cork which will be the first thing the wine waiter should do. When you're given the wine to taste again it should be obvious from the smell of the wine and certainly from the taste. A mouldy small/taste is the giveaway.

A dried out cork from incorrectly storing wine upright will cause the wine to go bad if air has got into the bottle but strictly speaking the wine isn't corked.

A screw top or plastic cork should not result in corked wine which is one reason for their increasing frequency even for expensive wines. New World wines have also embraced this form of sealing to a greater extent than Old Works wines although this is changing.

True corking is where the cork itself is actually contaminated which then causes the wine to react with it and go bad. You should be able to tell the wine is bad from when you smell the cork which will be the first thing the wine waiter should do. When you're given the wine to taste again it should be obvious from the smell of the wine and certainly from the taste. A mouldy small/taste is the giveaway.

A dried out cork from incorrectly storing wine upright will cause the wine to go bad if air has got into the bottle but strictly speaking the wine isn't corked.

A screw top or plastic cork should not result in corked wine which is one reason for their increasing frequency even for expensive wines. New World wines have also embraced this form of sealing to a greater extent than Old Works wines although this is changing.

OOOHHH LA DI DA!

Things not work out in the footballing hotbed of India then?

Says on Wikipedia he was in contract negotiations with some club in Iran.

Are Exeter City really that bad that there the 3rd choice behind India and Iran?

Hmmm, India, Iran or Devon. Where to live? Tricky.

I thought screw tops were because of a shortage/diseased trees in Portugal? Some stupid % of world cork production comes from there.

I have decided I can no longer call myself a celtic fan. They won the league and I felt very little. I cant support another senior team, and I'll still always have a soft spot for them, but I am now first and foremost a Linlithgow Rose fan.

It's probably just small team syndrome but what you have explained above is what I imagine most OF supporters to feel like when yet another trophy is won.

The only thing I think enhances the feeling of triumph for OF fans is if they win it against the other half.

I can never imagine supporting a big team that expects to win things all the time. Give me hope over expectation any day when it comes to football.

I just found out in the last few minutes what a "Rhodes scholar" is. Any time I've heard it mentioned, I thought it was "road scholar", like someone who spent their time travelling the world, writing about their experiences.

I thought it was Road's Collar, you know like the hard shoulder.

Despite their efforts to close the gates and the way they seem to have switched off the lights and all the heating, you can still sleep overnight in Edinburgh Waverley. I'm such a classy individual. 8)

If you were there last night you maybe seen me come in at about 1 o'clock absolutely pissed looking for a way out? About 6ft tall dark brown hair wearing a charcoal suit.