Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Where are you headed and why?

Based on a week, I wish I'd left Scotland sooner. The weather is nicer, the food is better, the beers taste fantastic, the people are extremely friendly, the streets are clean and no one has asked yet if I'm a Catholic Bankie or a Proddy Bankie. Couple of discussions on football and Rangers have been mentioned, but only in a "Yeah, we've heard of Scottish teams but they're not that important, who will you follow in Switzerland?" kind of way....

Even better than all that though is that I don't understand Schwiizer Dutsch, and I have spent the week in a state of happy ignorance. Need to get cracking on and learning, sadly!

South Korea, to teach English. I've stagnated in life and would rather just go travelling to see a bit of it, than commit myself into a "Career" as such. I fully expect to be a world nomad over the next 10-20 years.

I've been travelling through Europe and was met with the same discussions. So refreshing to get out of the melting pot that is Scotland, even if it was sole destroying for my return.

South Korea, to teach English. I've stagnated in life and would rather just go travelling to see a bit of it, than commit myself into a "Career" as such. I fully expect to be a world nomad over the next 10-20 years.

I've been travelling through Europe and was met with the same discussions. So refreshing to get out of the melting pot that is Scotland, even if it was sole destroying for my return.

Our plan at the moment is to stay here for the next 12 months and try to save a bit, which is much easier here than in Scotland. After that we'll see where we go, but I can't see myself returning to Scotland to live, even just based on leaving for a week. Time will tell but even though I've been over here 5 or 6 times previously, getting to see how people actually live rather than treating it as a holiday has given it a whole different light.

Good luck in Korea!

Where are you headed and why?

Based on a week, I wish I'd left Scotland sooner. The weather is nicer, the food is better, the beers taste fantastic, the people are extremely friendly, the streets are clean and no one has asked yet if I'm a Catholic Bankie or a Proddy Bankie. Couple of discussions on football and Rangers have been mentioned, but only in a "Yeah, we've heard of Scottish teams but they're not that important, who will you follow in Switzerland?" kind of way....

Even better than all that though is that I don't understand Schwiizer Dutsch, and I have spent the week in a state of happy ignorance. Need to get cracking on and learning, sadly!

You should join the Swiss Sons' Supporters Club.

Our plan at the moment is to stay here for the next 12 months and try to save a bit, which is much easier here than in Scotland. After that we'll see where we go, but I can't see myself returning to Scotland to live, even just based on leaving for a week. Time will tell but even though I've been over here 5 or 6 times previously, getting to see how people actually live rather than treating it as a holiday has given it a whole different light.

Good luck in Korea!

I'm looking forward to it. It'll be stressful and hectic but hopefully it'll be soo much fun.

Cheers man, and Good luck in Switzerland. What's your work situation like there?

I'm looking forward to it. It'll be stressful and hectic but hopefully it'll be soo much fun.

Cheers man, and Good luck in Switzerland. What's your work situation like there?

At the moment I'm looking for anything. Very likely I'll have to get by on temporary contracts until I pick up German. Fortunately I managed to save a bit before coming over, as I knew I'd be moving. Pretty much got 8 weeks to get something or I'll be booking a flight back to Scotland!

In general terms, the unemployment rate is around 4%, so it's not the kinda place you should struggle to find work in if you are genuinely looking. Even for someone like me who speaks very little German/Swiss German, there are enough opportunities to pick up something that will pay a half decent wage.

You mean you haven't got one already? Wee team.

I haven't checked to be honest. I quite fancied a one man organisation set up by me. My very own dictatorship.

Edited by Ross.

Having just been tagged in some photos from Friday night. It turns out that after watching Batman, I was inspired to try my best Joker impression. Either that or I really don't photograph well after a drink.

:lol:

Having just been tagged in some photos from Friday night. It turns out that after watching Batman, I was inspired to try my best Joker impression. Either that or I really don't photograph well after a drink.

Horrific club photoes thread please ;)

Horrific club photoes thread please ;)

Kyle Lafferty came on as a sub for FC Sion today and was booked within two minutes. What a dick.

Rino Gattuso was booked on his début for Sion too. I think he also went off injured. I wouldn't call him a dick, though, especially not to his face.

Rino Gattuso was booked on his début for Sion too. I think he also went off injured. I wouldn't call him a dick, though, especially not to his face.

I would. He is a wee angry p***k with small man syndrome. I wish Joe Jordan had stuck him on his arse that time with a swift hook to his stupid face.