Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Doing a presentation about CDM15 changes at half 9 tomorrow. Don't no what to say. :(

Tell them about the time you spent 18hrs solid taking Burton Albion from non league obscurity to Champions League success. When someone asks what that had to do with CDM15 you can claim that the remit you received had a typo.

Am I correct in saying all Amateur football in Dundee is being moved to summer? I was told this was the case and as a result the amateur teams that don't want to play in Summer are joining the university leagues. #Scared

Broughty have Jamie Winter still?

I've heard there's a fair bit (more) cash going into them next season again.

Lochee, Monifieth. Celtic won on pens. Horrific game.

Thompsons against somebody, thoroughly decent game which went to pens too. 1 player 1 keeper impressed.

Hilltown Hotspur v somebody. Utter shit and Hotspur are trouncing everyone. God knows why.

Thistle v Rangers. Thistle won 3-1 but a terrible game made quite funny by the ref being utterly shit and getting threatened with a hide in. He was 64.

Was speaking to Toshney, he fucked off as it was that bad and the boy who runs the league (Fordyce?) was standing going mad at everybody accosting the ref.

Saturday mornings, eh.

Not Dougie Fordyce the ref? I do school football now and he still organises all our referees, despite being god knows what age. I still also see him every Sunday at our Uni league as he now does the refs for there too.

I've never heard of any of they teams haha, the Saturday morning amateurs is pretty gash I think. We played a Saturday morning team Athletico Harley's in the all amateur cup a few years back, no bad league position in the league they were in, we were in the midlands prem so didn't know anything about them, beat them 19-1. (Still didn't score) :lol:

There's a few decent teams in the midlands set up though.

NCR and St James were both playing tonight so thought you meant you were down watching them thinking you'd get their POTY.

And aye they've got a few ex pros, Winters, Dougie Cameron (ex Montrose/EF left back) Paul Lunan (great lad, ex us/Forfar/Montrose/Peterhead) Jamie McCunnie (ex Livingston/United I think). Ray McKinnon was down watching.

Decent game like Broughty won 2-0, mate says Deuchars has told them they're getting a 4g installed next season and they're going to build a wee stand.

Good wee set up, although there was maybe only 50 folk there, mostly family and friends I think, the half time draw raffle prize was a 5er, the cost of entry into the place.

Get admission then a pound on the ticket, win a 5er, only end up -1 quid at the end of the evening instead of -5. :lol:

One of the guys who played on and off for my Sunday team in the Uni leagues is back playing for Broughty and I think scored last night, Barry Myles. He is a great guy and a brilliant footballer, he gave up football a bit because he was working offshore but I saw that he had resigned for Broughty.

Am I correct in saying all Amateur football in Dundee is being moved to summer? I was told this was the case and as a result the amateur teams that don't want to play in Summer are joining the university leagues. #Scared

f**k that, I have been in the Dundee Uni league for 8 years and the only teams to have caused proper bother have been amateur teams looking for another league. I'm close to retirement anyways so maybe I won't be around to see that!

Why would you be scared? :lol:

ETA: Dundee University are an amateur team anyway are they not? Dundee College also an amatuer team.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Aye he played last night Stumigoo, pretty solid centre half. Him and Lunan strolled it. Couldn't of missed his header but had to be there I suppose. ;)

Had a good game.

Good to hear, he bossed the Uni league and was easily our best player in the one full season he had with us.

ETA: Dundee University are an amateur team anyway are they not? Dundee College also an amatuer team.

The Uni league is very different, it is mainly teams made up of students and the Uni teams that do t play in the amateur leagues so the Uni 3rds, 4ths and 5ths. The standard is decent but it isn't an amateur league as such.

Yeah, Dundee Uni Firsts don't play, nor does the College. It's not as good as the AFA leagues in Dundee. Some cracking teams in the Uni Leagues though, and some players who play Amateur/Junior football also.

Wait, what? What is this pet passport you speak of? She got rid of the Persian/Rag Doll because to be honest it was a scratchy little bitey arsehole and she could get money for it but she's desperate to take the other one over but I've told her there's no danger I'm forking out £1500 just to put a cat through 3 months of misery just to not recognise us when we go to pick it up in the only quarantine centre a couple of thousand miles away in Melbourne.

Is it only three months in Oz? And there's only the one quarantine centre? :o

You get to visit them over here - we had the dug in the centre over in Dumbarton, and she fucking loved it. Lots of other dugs to talk to, and plenty of attention from the staff; the wee slut. She was always happy to see us, but certainly enjoyed her six month stay :P

The cats were in a centre over in Paisley, and the youngest one loved that too. They had massive wire mesh cages, and he'd spent his time hanging from the ceiling like a monkey. Older one wasn't so keen, mainly because he was in the same cage as the younger, who enjoyed rolling in his own piss before approaching his 'daddy' for cuddles :lol:

Anyway, if you're really attached to the cat, check the centre out online because they might consider it to be a holiday if it's a nice place. And they'll definitely remember you - I left my cat with my mum when I went to America for two years, and she went nuts when I came back :P

The cat would still have had to spend 10 days in quarantine in Oz and there are a huge range of hoops to jump through. Isn't the Pet Passport just an EU thing?

Still, it would have eaten a Red Back and poisoned itself or been taken by a Saltie within the first couple of days so more humane to have it put down sorry "sold to a farm" now

Aye, it was just for EU countries when we brought ours over from the States. People were arranging weird plans with other EU nations with shorter quarantine period, where you could send your pets there and have them sent to the UK with a Pet Passport when quarantine was over. Didn't fancy sending them somewhere that we couldn't check out ourselves, however, and it only seemed to save a couple of months. They extended it to include the USA right after our pets got out :lol:

Looks like there's a pretty long list of countries included these days.

Yeah, Dundee Uni Firsts don't play, nor does the College. It's not as good as the AFA leagues in Dundee. Some cracking teams in the Uni Leagues though, and some players who play Amateur/Junior football also.

I've seen some really strong sides in the Uni league over the years, a few who could hold their own in some other leagues but the teams are so hit or miss that most sides don't last longer than a couple of years or so (most teams lose students every year after graduation and getting new jobs etc). There are also some totally horrific sides too, but the league is meant for more of a relaxed environment than a serious setup.

I've seen some really strong sides in the Uni league over the years, a few who could hold their own in some other leagues but the teams are so hit or miss that most sides don't last longer than a couple of years or so (most teams lose students every year after graduation and getting new jobs etc). There are also some totally horrific sides too, but the league is meant for more of a relaxed environment than a serious setup.

I play for Arkive in the Dundee University Sunday League, and some of teams in that league are pretty decent; there's ones that regularly get pumped 9-0 though. :lol:

Funnily enough I was through in St Andrews last Sunday and we humped one of their Uni teams 9-0; they had a girl playing for them who was actually pretty good. You could tell that some of their players clearly haven't played a game of proper football in their lives though.

I went down to the Drummy tonight (pitches in Dundee) to watch some of the 'best' amateur football in Dundee has to offer.

If I regained fitness, I'd easily get player of the season I'd reckon. Out of 8 teams, I was impressed with 4 players. 1 was a keeper.

:lol: I've played against some of the teams from that Saturday morning league before in the North of Tay and they are absolutely shocking.

No, but they are trying to set up a summer league, with the proposed dates making it overlap with the existing leagues. Seems to be a bit of resistance to that so doubt it will happen.

Twice this week I've seen a guy who must be in his 30s walking around the area where my office is wearing a full Liverpool kit, shorts, socks, the lot, with "Sterling 31" on the back. The other day it was a bright yellow away top with red home shorts and today it's an all red home kit. He also has 96 and two flames tattooed on the back of his neck and some sort of Liver bird type design on his leg. I reckon I should probably kill him, because he's clearly a worthless human.

Twice this week I've seen a guy who must be in his 30s walking around the area where my office is wearing a full Liverpool kit, shorts, socks, the lot, with "Sterling 31" on the back. The other day it was a bright yellow away top with red home shorts and today it's an all red home kit. He also has 96 and two flames tattooed on the back of his neck and some sort of Liver bird type design on his leg. I reckon I should probably kill him, because he's clearly a worthless human.

Full kit w****r