Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Just got this email. What do we reckon? Onee of these money laundering scams.

Having seen your CV on totaljobs.com.

I'm happy to extend the following offer of employment to you on behalf of Meannan Bernard. This offer is contingent upon your passing our mandatory background check, I'm sure you shouldn't have a problem with that.

Title: Financial Support Agent.
Job Description: You'll be submitting and receiving funds from our clients, insuring that every transaction executed in timely manner.

Base Salary: Will be paid in bi-monthly installments of 1,500 pounds, which is equivalent to 27000 pounds on an annual basis, plus commission for each completed transaction.

Bonus Potential: Effective upon satisfactory completion of the first 30 days of employment, and based upon the goals and objectives agreed to in the performance development planning process with your manager, you may be eligible for a bonus. The bonus plan for this year and beyond, should such a plan exist, will be based on the formula determined by the company for that year. Additionally, we have bonus for teamwork and “Extra mile bonus”.

Benefits: health, life, disability and dental insurance coverage are available after successful completion of 30 days of probationary period. Employee contribution to payment for benefit plans is determined annually.

Thank You,
Meannan Bernard
Recruitment Manager

Just got this email. What do we reckon? Onee of these money laundering scams.

Having seen your CV on totaljobs.com.

I'm happy to extend the following offer of employment to you on behalf of Meannan Bernard. This offer is contingent upon your passing our mandatory background check, I'm sure you shouldn't have a problem with that.

Title: Financial Support Agent.

Job Description: You'll be submitting and receiving funds from our clients, insuring that every transaction executed in timely manner.

Base Salary: Will be paid in bi-monthly installments of 1,500 pounds, which is equivalent to 27000 pounds on an annual basis, plus commission for each completed transaction.

Bonus Potential: Effective upon satisfactory completion of the first 30 days of employment, and based upon the goals and objectives agreed to in the performance development planning process with your manager, you may be eligible for a bonus. The bonus plan for this year and beyond, should such a plan exist, will be based on the formula determined by the company for that year. Additionally, we have bonus for teamwork and “Extra mile bonus”.

Benefits: health, life, disability and dental insurance coverage are available after successful completion of 30 days of probationary period. Employee contribution to payment for benefit plans is determined annually.

Thank You,

Meannan Bernard

Recruitment Manager

Mentioned here as a scam, not clear why though: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=86537

I raise you the accompanying classic which is Hallo aus Berlin (mit Rolli und Rita):

Flashbacks of everyone's favourite guy at 2:55 btw. But...

BOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!...

A decade and a half later and Daniel's still a c*** btw.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I raise you the accompanying classic which is Hallo aus Berlin (mit Rolli und Rita):

Flashbacks of everyone's favourite guy at 2:55 btw. But...

BOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!...

A decade and a half later and Daniel's still a c*** btw.

I remember it well!

Mind the listening test that was the sound of bed springs squeaking followed by a large thud then "Ow! Ow! Es tut weh!"

Much laughter was had.

Anyone know what can happen if you don't pay a fine for not having a valid ticket to use pubic transport abroad?

I got a fine on the S-Bahn in Berlin, the guy said I had 14 days to pay it but I leave in 7. He took my passport details and my home address, but what can he actually do? If it stops me getting on the plane home I'll definitely pay it (especially with the airport drama I've had already), but if not I'm really struggling to think what they could do with my home address. Send me a letter "strongly advising" me to pay it?

Anyone know about shit like this? Ta.

Anyone know what can happen if you don't pay a fine for not having a valid ticket to use pubic transport abroad?

I got a fine on the S-Bahn in Berlin, the guy said I had 14 days to pay it but I leave in 7. He took my passport details and my home address, but what can he actually do? If it stops me getting on the plane home I'll definitely pay it (especially with the airport drama I've had already), but if not I'm really struggling to think what they could do with my home address. Send me a letter "strongly advising" me to pay it?

Anyone know about shit like this? Ta.

I got two driving fines in Australia, which I didn't bother paying before I left. I got a few letters sent to my home address threatening me with court action before they eventually stopped.

sjc is the local expert on not paying for stuff - shouldnae be long.

Was more interested in an Ad Lib lecture on stealing teebs.

Edit: Cheers Monkman. To make matters worse, he made a few references to what I have to do before I get back to England and then asked me what my home city is. I gave him my best "you are a fucking c**t" look, and said "Edinburgh, which by the way is not in England". I don't think this helped, amazingly.

Edited by Guest