Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Just found out that 2 of my mates have deposits for mortgages and are away to buy places.

I have no savings and can't afford anything like that and won't be able too for a while. Can't help but think I've fucked up somewhere in life.

2 of my mates are away to fucking Australia soon and another is moving to Aberdeen.

Everyone's getting to old to quickly. :(

I was 23 when I took the mortgage plunge. Earlier the better I reckon, means you've a better chance of paying a good chunk of it off.

so was I mate but life seemed so much more carefree pre-house/boat etc.

Go travelling......that's what I regret.

so was I mate but life seemed so much more carefree pre-house/boat etc.

Go travelling......that's what I regret.

I don't really have much interest in travelling for whatever reason now. Been to a lot of places and even stayed abroad and I'm glad I have but I'd rather just sort myself out first and then take holidays to anywhere I want to go. Know people who have gone away for a year and a half after Uni and have come home and stayed with their parents forever as they have no cash and have never had a proper job. f**k that.

I don't really have much interest in travelling for whatever reason now. Been to a lot of places and even stayed abroad and I'm glad I have but I'd rather just sort myself out first and then take holidays to anywhere I want to go. Know people who have gone away for a year and a half after Uni and have come home and stayed with their parents forever as they have no cash and have never had a proper job. f**k that.

prince-charles-busiest-ro-451533.jpg

Nobody except the utterly minted should be panicking about mortgages at the age of 23. They'll be a thing of the past soon anyway, considering the big housing sell-off has finished and it's all being consolidated into the hands of landlords (as per Maggie's original plan).

Work out how much you'd need for a deposit by the time you're 30 and start putting money towards it every month. Then, when you're 30 and the average price for a one-bedroom flat in Perth is £250,000, use the money to drink yourself to death :thumsup2

2 of my mates are away to fucking Australia soon and another is moving to Aberdeen.

Everyone's getting to old to quickly. :(

I turned 50 recently and it really hit home hard.

I know it's a cliché, but mate fucking enjoy your youth.

I still think I'm 30, but now I'm seeing and have seen family, really good friends and the in laws losing the battle against various cancers and age related illnesses.

Don't worry about being old just yet.

I still think I'm 30, but now I'm seeing and have seen family, really good friends and the in laws losing the battle against various cancers and age related illnesses.

Wisdom.

Cannie whack it.

Mortgages! Utterly ludicrous in my world. I have zero prospects and seem doomed to shitey low paying jobs so could never afford all the costs involved in setting one up. The most I've ever had saved up was £200, and that was in 1997. I am 30.

I've realised today, I watch Netflix more than I do ordinary TV

Ordinary TV is absymal. In the last week I watched a total of 3 programmes on it ( Match Of The Day, The Football League Show and Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe).

Cheers mate. I'm not worrying. Just shite seeing everybody starting to go their separate ways.