Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

'Probably had to be there' type story, but hey:

I spent the weekend with a potato scientist.  When he told me what he did, I must have said something like "ah, sounds different / interesting", to which he said "it's nice not to get some sort of joke for a change, cheers". 

Cue my friend, who immediately walks in mid-conversation and asks what we're on about, to which the other guy him that he's a potato scientist.  My friend's reaction?  To simply stare him in the eye and and just say "potaaaaaaaaaaaaatoooooooooo!!!" in his best leprechaunesque Irish accent (and then reply to everything with the word "potato?" for the next 10 minutes).  

Where did that whole thing come from btw, a particular TV programme / sketch?

23 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I spent the weekend with a potato scientist.  When he told me what he did, I must have said something like "ah, sounds different / interesting", to which he said "it's nice not to get some sort of joke for a change, cheers". 

Cue my friend, who immediately walks in mid-conversation and asks what we're on about, to which the other guy him that he's a potato scientist.  My friend's reaction?  To simply stare him in the eye and and just say "potaaaaaaaaaaaaatoooooooooo!!!" in his best leprechaunesque Irish accent (and then reply to everything with the word "potato?" for the next 10 minutes).  

Ask your horrible friend.

Keith Lemon on Celebrity Juice.

My boss, a supposed IT manager, doesn't fucking know what Active Directory is.
I know a few battle hardened Unix veterans that have never worked with AD, but how the f**k can you not have heard of it? Kick his head in.

I had a similar thought a few weeks ago when a tester asked me what a domain controller was, but they are paid to be thick as f**k.

26 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

I know a few battle hardened Unix veterans that have never worked with AD, but how the f**k can you not have heard of it? Kick his head in.

I had a similar thought a few weeks ago when a tester asked me what a domain controller was, but they are paid to be thick as f**k.

This fud was employed to look after the IBM 360 massive machine things the company used 35 fucking years ago.   He’s never kept up with technology and gets me to do everything.  On, I think, 2.5 times my salary. 

When I mentioned GPO to him the other day his eyes got even more buggier than normal. 

Edit - He called it ‘black magic’ ffs.

Edited by TheScarf