Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

This.  We got £5000 worth of 'extras', and we didn't even negotiate that hard.  I bet we could have got more if we'd had the energy.  Mind you, it maybe helped that we were buying in an area where new houses are going up like there's no tomorrow, we could have walked into about 3 other showhouses with minimal effort, so that makes your "why should I buy from you" questions a lot easier.

Re : Can you get your extras loaned on by the bank - the housebuilder will present the final cost of the house as the purchase price on any documentation, and purchase price is something taken into account by any lender (something is worth what someone else is willing to pay and all that), and also the valuer, so if they both think that the lending is reasonable you'll get the loan, provided only 'fixtures and fittings' are being secured by the loan.   I worked as an underwriter for a mortgage lender in the past, and I quite often got asked by valuers "what's the purchase price?" before they put a value figure on the property.
Sounds boring. I for one am glad you now spend your day tracing out giant cocks on google maps.

A friend of a friend got offered flooring into the deal at the place I looked at but still decided to buy elsewhere. I’ll try doing what you said though if we decide to take things further.

It’s at Newcraighall which is an area I quite like, the other show homes are out near the hospital or at Gilmerton/Niddrie which are well known shit holes so I’m not so interested in them at this point.

This would be the perfect time to take that dream road trip to Fife and view some of the splendid show homes over here!

1 hour ago, throbber said:

A friend of a friend got offered flooring into the deal at the place I looked at but still decided to buy elsewhere. I’ll try doing what you said though if we decide to take things further.

It’s at Newcraighall which is an area I quite like, the other show homes are out near the hospital or at Gilmerton/Niddrie which are well known shit holes so I’m not so interested in them at this point.

You’ll get something off the list price, as @Shandon Parsaid, they’ll have leeway to give “discount or extras”. I got what they offered being a good bit off the price of the house, which I then spent twice over in extras. 

51 minutes ago, throbber said:

I have a decent job but I also have good equity on my flat as I had a hefty deposit to put down and the value has soared since I’ve lived here. I just want a house with garden now that I have a child and planning on having another one in next few years.

Two  gardens is just greedy.

5 hours ago, throbber said:

and why are these new builds in Newcraighall, Gilmerton and Niddrie being built on land that hasn't been built on before? because they're on top of coal mines. 

the old man who worked for the NCB told me that the main shaft at Newcraighall is actually sited in Bannatyne's car park. 

I wonder if this comes with every house purchase: 

5bce4020b0b5c_halfassed.jpg.8303e5e82b5cc7a03533e4452ddeadfe.jpg

Just now, tamthebam said:

and why are these new builds in Newcraighall, Gilmerton and Niddrie being built on land that hasn't been built on before? because they're on top of coal mines. 

the old man who worked for the NCB told me that the main shaft at Newcraighall is actually sited in Bannatyne's car park. 

That assumes there are foundations.

I just farted at my desk at work. My attempt at being subtle resulted in something that reminded me of a low volume howl of a wolf.

A few people raised their heads but nothing has been said.

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

At least Mrs throbber wouldn't fit down one of the collapsed mine shafts.