Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's now over 14 years since the last edition of Grandstand.

It's my firm belief that any live sport shown on the BBC on a Saturday should still be introduced by the Grandstand theme.

For proper nostalgia it should be introduced by a guy in a tweed suit with a coke habit who likes being spanked by prostitutes.

Frank's deid so I wonder if Roger Mellie is available?

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's now over 14 years since the last edition of Grandstand.

It's my firm belief that any live sport shown on the BBC on a Saturday should still be introduced by the Grandstand theme.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

And the football updates displayed on a teleprinter, not computer graphics.

Both are excellent shouts and I fully agree.

I would also add some teutcher phoning in on a far away sounding line to give the Highland League scores at circa 17.00 on Sportsound.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

also add some teutcher phoning in on a far away sounding line to give the Highland League scores at circa 17.00 on Sportsound.

"Aye aye Richard.  Nae muckle tae write hame aboot here in Turra's 0-0 draw wi' Rothes, but there wis an affa fine game o'er in the Broch as Fraserburgh edged oot Buckie 4-3, and... (haud on,  fit is it Agnes? I'm an the phone here, aye, haddy supper's fine, get a Moray Cup and a')... a richt sotter in the last meenit up at Harmsworth led tae Keith winning twa een at Wick. A'hin else wis drookit and rained aff.  Back tae you in the studio, Richard..."

Edited by Hedgecutter

19 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Wouldn't mind a post-watershed Sportscene in which the pundits don't hold back, with Michael Stewart arguing with somebody saying "that's just shite defending there, utter pish from somebody who cannae be f***ed".

Did you ever see when Sky Sports used to do the fan commentary option on the red button? That was absolute scenes. 

It's my birthday today, first time I'm thankful for lockdown, I hate doing something for my birthday, usually ends up being something I don't want to do...  so at least now I've the perfect excuse. 

24 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Wouldn't mind a post-watershed Sportscene in which the pundits don't hold back, with Michael Stewart arguing with somebody saying "that's just shite defending there, utter pish from somebody who cannae be f***ed".

I believe the recent highlights of us getting ridden rotten by St Mirren were a pilot for this

12 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Customers going nuts because they can't get there orders delivered. 

Humans 😞

Hope you can say, the amber warning gave 24 hours notice, you chose to sit with your thumb up your arse. And then slam the phone down. 

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Both are excellent shouts and I fully agree.

I would also add some teutcher phoning in on a far away sounding line to give the Highland League scores at circa 17.00 on Sportsound.

I think it was Bill McAllister, who was seen by some (embittered Elgin fans IIRC) as being biased towards Caley.