Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I asked my best mate to be my best man tonight and he said "ehhhh, I'll need to think about it. I don't like public speaking..."

Seriously? :huh:

I couldn't choose who to have as my best man out of my best mates (2 were in the running), my brothers (I have five of them, though only one is a realistic choice), my nephew (well, my oldest nephew) and my dad.

I had previously asked one of my best mates in a drunken stupor some years ago but now that I'm actually getting married I decided to have one of my brothers, my oldest nephew and my two best mates all as groomsmen, with one of my mates from the party giving the speech. The wife's having 4 bridesmaids anyway so it'll be even this way and saves me having to choose between them.

I did make sure I picked the best speaker of the lot for the speech though 8)

Crap ending to a good piss up in Costa Del Sol. Missed flight home, £70 for another night in hotel, £274 for flight to Belfast yesterday then buses and ferry fares. Still a good break though. I wont be drinking on departure days again. :(

Crap ending to a good piss up in Costa Del Sol. Missed flight home, £70 for another night in hotel, £274 for flight to Belfast yesterday then buses and ferry fares. Still a good break though. I wont be drinking on departure days again. :(

I missed a flight back from Madrid once because I apparently can't read a train timetable. £120 it cost to get on the next flight. Ooft.

I asked my best mate to be my best man tonight and he said "ehhhh, I'll need to think about it. I don't like public speaking..."

That's dreadful chat from your mate. Get him telt.

That's a bit short notice though, you really should have asked him a couple of months

ago.

Tbh it's only a short speech infront of people, some of whom he wil presumably know. I hate things like presentations and speeches, but how often will you ever get to be someones best man. So tell him to grow a set.

My girlfriend is off to Brisbane for 2 ½ weeks to see her sister and her new bairn.

EMPTY!

I hope you don't have a microwave.

Anyhoo, Miles Jupp (I think he's quite funny in a few things he's been in) is Archie The Inventor from Balamory. Never knew that until today.

Everyone in Irvine's so excited about the new Sainsburys that just opened up. The local paper (front page!) reported that people queued up for hours on Wednesday morning for the grand opening. :unsure:

No wonder that big ASDA in Irvine is grim.