Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

This is the kind of thing that makes me so angry.

I don't entirely know why because its not in any way a surprise. But just seeing this kind of ridiculous wealth brings it home just how fucking disgusting our inequality is.

I was on RY Britannia yesterday and I was pretty much disgusted at the idea that even in the 90s, if one of the staff accidentally encountered a Royal then they were made to stop dead still and stare ahead so that both parties could pretend he wasn't there.

You'd think a polite "good morning" would be nice rather than something you'd expect from the 17th Century, especially when ~300 staff are running about for the pleasure of just 5-10 people.

Also quite a scary contrast between the Royal deck and their crammed quarters, 9 showers for ~150 every morning etc. At least they eventually upgraded the hammocks to tiny bunks.

Eta: I saw a guy of Asian descent working in the on-board restaurant and immediately though "Prince Philip will be f***ing raging!"

Edited by Hedgecutter

Came home a minute ago, saw a letter lying on the door mat from my work's accountant and my heart just sank seeing as my job is currently at risk of redundancy and I probably find out the final result this week.

Opened it up to see the letter P at the top of the sheet and thought it was a dreaded P45. Turns out it was followed by the number 60 and is just the certificate for the tax year up to April.

Absolutely horrible feeling. I deserve a beer.

Gave up smoking for over 40 days now...just had a fag feeling gutted, probably have another as I'm pissed of that I started again. Will try again tomorrow. Chin up

I did the same on Sunday and had probably gone about the same length of time. It's different for everyone trying to give up but I'm looking at it with the attitude that I had went so long without one there's absolutely no reason I can't do it again. Good luck.

I did the same on Sunday and had probably gone about the same length of time. It's different for everyone trying to give up but I'm looking at it with the attitude that I had went so long without one there's absolutely no reason I can't do it again. Good luck.

Fucking right on man!!!! I'm giving up it may take 40 years but I'll do it...

No...tomorrow we start again, I actually did it it for 3 years

ETA where fucks my lighter?

Edited by SlipperyP