Procycling thread

myshkin

He's been eating steak cooked by Contador's chef.

It really pisses you off that he hasn't shown any sort of form since his Tour win of 2014. (To such an extent where he got thrown off La Vuelta for holding onto a car). Then comes out with two performances, reminiscent of Chris Horner, on consecutive days.

Haven't watched the Nibali clinching stage yet, but was fairly predictable. Any man who has Vinokourov as him DS, cannot be taken seriously. Gutted for Kruijswijk, easily the best rider in the race.

A win for either him or Chavez would have been great for the sport. I think a new dawn is coming, with a crop of 6-10 capable of winning GT's.

For some though,it would appear winning at any cost is still prevalent.

Bertie takes the Dauphine prologue by 6 from Porte & 13 from Froome, over 4km uphill.

Aru a further 55 back! Needs to find the sort of luck Nibbles got in the Giro.

Edited by kiddy

Landa, Thomas, Kiryenka, Nieve, Standard, Kennaugh, Pouels & Roche I'd guess.

Landa is Porte's natural successor. Luke Rowe was in last year's TdF team and Nieve rode in the Vuelta a Espana. Christian Knees, with his lengthy GT experience, is another possibility.

• 3 weeks later...

Cav in yellow after rolling back the years to beat Sagan and Kittel in the sprint of today's stage 1 of Le Tour.

A bit OTT in his post match interviews about dead soldiers and African children though.

ITV Getting rid of Liggett and Sherwin is lunacy! They are the voices of Cycling! Have to get my Kelly ears on now, takes me a week to understand him

Fcuk off, David Duffield was the voice of cycling.

Kelly is an acquired taste, but once you get used to him, his droll humour is hilarious. Not a patch on the Fausto Coppi references though, local cheese & the Bianchi Blue! GBNF

Edited by kiddy

Cav in yellow after rolling back the years to beat Sagan and Kittel in the sprint of today's stage 1 of Le Tour.

A bit OTT in his post match interviews about dead soldiers and African children though.

A career long ambition fulfilled, in pulling on yellow. Will he continue to chase Green, or climb off to concentrate Rio?

ITV Getting rid of Liggett and Sherwin is lunacy! They are the voices of Cycling! Have to get my Kelly ears on now, takes me a week to understand him

I liked Liggett and Sherwin, but I think they were past their best before date.

Boulting is doing a decent job and I quite like Millar. Prefer Eurosport though, especially if watching the whole stage.

A career long ambition fulfilled, in pulling on yellow. Will he continue to chase Green, or climb off to concentrate Rio?

There are few stages that Cavendish can win in the first week or so and then he has a decision to make. He's probably more interested in going for the stage win records than the Green jersey.