Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I put it on the Bargain Basement thread the other day but I don't think many people would've seen it. Have a Tenacious D standing ticket that I'm looking to sell on.

£35 face value and a couple of quid postage, if anyone's interested.

EDIT June 12th SECC

Edited by #Gary

Went to see Keane on Thursday night.

They were supported by Zulu Winter who were rather shite. Keane were utterly incredible though. Tom Chaplin was on amazing form and the audience was NUTS for pretty much everything. The new songs sounded terrific. "On the Road", "You Are Young", "Silenced By the Night" and "The Starting Line" all stand up to the best songs that they have. The big songs were the highlights though. The singalong for "Somewhere Only We Know" was pretty special, "Is It Any Wonder?" sounded like a good and proper rock out and the likes of "Bedshaped", "Again and Again" and "Perfect Symmetery" were epic. One complaint was choosing to close the show with "Crystal Ball". Didn't really feel right. Other than that, amazing.

Oh the set was...

My Shadow

Day Will Come

Everybody's Changing

Leaving So Soon

The Starting Line

Nothing in My Way

Again and Again

Spiralling

On the Road

We Might As Well Be Strangers

You Are Young

This Is the Last Time

Silenced By the Night

Perfect Symmetry

Somewhere Only We Know

Bedshaped

Neon River

Is It Any Wonder?

=========================

Sea Fog

Sovereign Light Cafe

Crystal Ball

Going to Field Day in London on Saturday, mostly for Beirut but also looking forward to The Vaccines and a couple of others.

Have also booked tickets for Rock en Seine in August with the missus. Have never been to a festival for the three days before and not camped(we are staying in a hotel in Paris) so that'll be a new experience. Line up is pretty decent too - Sigur Ros were the big draw for me but also looking forward to seeing The Shins, Grandaddy, The Black Keys, Noel Gallagher, Bloc Party and a few others. Supposed to be a pretty decent festival overall.

Saw the Hives a good few years back and they were great live. My next gig is Guns and Roses next Friday. Well what's left of them anyway. Jealous of Placidcasual seeing the mighty BJM in Amsterdam. I fkn love that band.

I've never seen them live, are they likely to be a complete shambles? Or has he screwed the nut a bit since the days of Dig! ?

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get tix for Frank Turner's T warm up gig at Darlington on Sat July 7th (800 capacity so be good to seem him in a smaller venue again)

Also going to see Refused at London on Aug 12th

Not a heavy gig goer, but have a few coming up.

Combichrist - 26th June - Supported Rammstein a couple of tours ago, and they were surprisingly good. Should be a lot better in a smaller venue like the arches (Also have two tickets going spare for the gig as people pulled out. If anyone wants them, they're welcome to them)

Muse - 24th October - SECC

Ben Folds Five - 30th November - O2 Academy - :D Can't wait for this one. Ben Folds was one gig I had never managed to catch, and now BFF are back together, it's going to be even better

1337659467[/url]' post='6261094']

Cheers for the tip. Schedules permitting, I'll definitely take in at least part of their set.

Well, I never did get to see them as there were some major schedule clashes at the festival. So, I was no help to you whatsoever, sorry.

On the other hand i absolutely loved Archers of Loaf, Wavves, OFF!, and lo-fi indie hero Kleenex Girl Wonder.

The Boss at the Stadium Of Light on the 21st of June with a fellow P&B'er. Should be gid.

I'm seeing him in Manchester at the Etihad Stadium the night after. Can't f**king wait.

I'm profiteering from my cousin's girlfriend's generosity! Do you think they'll stick to older material or fire a lot of newbies out?

Nice one!

Think it'll be a mix. It's my first time seeing them so hopefully they play some of the classics, and with them not having toured in so long I'd imagine they will.