Gigs

pilsner_ffc

No probs at all, f**k me that was great. I got a cracking view standing on the seats at the side, I was bopping away as much as I could with my head 3 inches away from the ceiling.

Seriously considering the art school in november but I've got too many gigs already, bloody parenthood!

Really surprised at the crowd demographic, I felt like the youngest person there and I'm 36.

You must not have been far away from me then as I was on that side about 3 rows from the front. Got down at 10 to 9 and managed to get close. Ended up buying the 7" last night and an Art School ticket first thing this morning. I was also surprised at the age of people there, I'm 23 and thought I was the youngest there by some distance! Maybe people who saw him on Jools Holland and liked?

I'd rather not see Joy Division songs as performed by essentially Monaco but to each their own

They're a fairly good unit. Didn't realise who it was, so I can actually see why you're so dismissive now. :lol:

Should give them a shot if you get a chance though.

Edited by Randy Giles

Let us know how it is. I'm seeing them at the Oran Mor on Monday night.

Just back. It's great fun, but pretty ramshackle. Buy into it or you might end up disappointed. Don't expect technical excellence....

It's a two hour gig, with three encores. Make sure you are up the front, and I recommend three pints before hand. Also, and you'll see what I mean, avoid watching the bass player. He was so far gone, he was just up playing nonsense and staring into space. Heartbreaking.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, but you do need to be a fan.

Just back. It's great fun, but pretty ramshackle. Buy into it or you might end up disappointed. Don't expect technical excellence....

It's a two hour gig, with three encores. Make sure you are up the front, and I recommend three pints before hand. Also, and you'll see what I mean, avoid watching the bass player. He was so far gone, he was just up playing nonsense and staring into space. Heartbreaking.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, but you do need to be a fan.

"Ramshackle" sums up every time I've seen them. Never seen them play for as long as two hours, or with three encores for that matter so that'll be at least interesting, if nothing else. Thanks for letting me know how it was. Making me even more intrigued for Monday.

"Ramshackle" sums up every time I've seen them. Never seen them play for as long as two hours, or with three encores for that matter so that'll be at least interesting, if nothing else. Thanks for letting me know how it was. Making me even more intrigued for Monday.

The support act involved two brothers playing a guitar, a harmonica, a foot drum and a didgeridoo simultaneously. In case you are interested.

Edited: the Felice Brothers' merch table is every bit as ramshackle as their act, but to be fair to the gregarious big guy with the beard, he took time out to help flog stuff for the support act.

Edited by Savage Henry

Managed to acquire foo fighters tickets for the re-scheduled Murrayfield gig on September 8th. Pleased they came back so soon. Dave Grohl is one of the good guys.

Same. Didnt realise it was this morning you could get them from if youd previously had a ticket. Glorious.