Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Quite like that "Save Me" song by Edguy.

Multiply it's brilliance by 10 and you have what it sounds like live!

That was genuinely the best gig I've ever been to, and I really never thought I'd say that about a gig at the Cathouse. There was a group of about 30 of us went up, the place was packed with everyone singing every word of every song. Drinks for £1.50 helped.

Mono were even better than I thought they would be. I went thinking that they'd maybe turn up the volume too much live and lose their delicate touch - they managed to be loud, melancholic and above all, beautiful throughout. I was particularly pleased at how they coped with some of their newest tracks - they didn't need the 20-strong backing band present on their latest release at all.

Sadly they didn't play Moonlight, my favourite track. Small beer though, they were cracking, I'll be going to see them again if and when they come back to Scotland again :)

• 2 weeks later...

Pete Docherty played in Ricos in Greenock tonight, great stuff! Played like a champ for an hour, snapped, flung his guitar into the crowd (a sold out 250 btw :D) and fucked off! Ha!

We are going to see Doves in May at the 02 academy in Glasgow. 8) There best of album comes out today.

If you own a copy of any of these previous Doves albums you now have the chance to access exclusive content - including streams of the album's three new tracks and video retrospectives on each album - via a specially-created digital locker. All you need to do is put your copy of one of the past releases in your computer, visit the doves.netBONUS AREA and follow the instructions.