Urgent Help Needed !

i know there are some other 'help' threads there but i need to post this while i go look through them.

My PC is fooked !! i have a broadband connection but i cant get on the net (am at uni just now) i keep getting a dial-up window through something called globenet or something which is now on my desktop.

I'm pretty convinced it's some kind of virus but dont know how to sort it as spybot and norton aint doing sh*t !

any help would be much appreciated !!!

:(

I can't see me being much help here but I do use various different connections when I'm working from different locations.

So, some basic stuff to start with - how PC literate are you? Are you confident enough to muck about with the settings or are you just a plug 'n play type?

Have you checked your list of possible connections in the "Internet Options" (within the Control Panel)? Is this rogue connection coming up as an option and if so is it possible to delete it?

As I understand it your PC is trying the dial-up as its default connection so clearly you're trying disable or remove the rogue connection and make your broadband connection the default. Can you change the Internet Options, Connections, settings to connect to the 'net manually?

So many questions - so few answers for you!

I can't see me being much help here but I do use various different connections when I'm working from different locations.

So, some basic stuff to start with - how PC literate are you? Are you confident enough to muck about with the settings or are you just a plug 'n play type?

Have you checked your list of possible connections in the "Internet Options" (within the Control Panel)? Is this rogue connection coming up as an option and if so is it possible to delete it?

As I understand it your PC is trying the dial-up as its default connection so clearly you're trying disable or remove the rogue connection and make your broadband connection the default. Can you change the Internet Options, Connections, settings to connect to the 'net manually?

So many questions - so few answers for you!

tried changing all the internet settings but it didnt work at first. I re-booted, searched with spybot again, then deleted all the reg files and any sources of the spyware i could find, i also removed the system restore and re-booted again.

now i'm back to normal (for now) so thanks for the help Yohan.

I hate spyware!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Archived