I see Lily Allen made an absolutely ludicrous point yesterday, saying Islamists were no more misogynistic that any other group. Then she admitted that she got it wrong, didn't know the meaning of the word and took down the tweet and apologised. Then three million talksport listeners lined up to send her abuse about her miscarriage. For days. Twitter is my go to site for real time news and analyses, but it's 90% pure insanity.

Please advise me on who to follow to find the best entertainment as I still don't really like It.

If you like limmy he's quite active and often funny on it.
Terrace podcast have some good Scottish football stuff. Some great articles.
Craig Telfer keeps you up to date with Jim Spence's bio changes.

Please advise me on who to follow to find the best entertainment as I still don't really like It.

That depends entirely on your interests. The joy of Twitter is can tailor the content to only accounts you actually want to see unlike Facebooks insistence that your apparently interested in the holiday selfies if your mates pal you don't fucking know. Follow journalists and people in your chosen interests and spread out from there.

I see Lily Allen made an absolutely ludicrous point yesterday, saying Islamists were no more misogynistic that any other group. Then she admitted that she got it wrong, didn't know the meaning of the word and took down the tweet and apologised. Then three million talksport listeners lined up to send her abuse about her miscarriage. For days. Twitter is my go to site for real time news and analyses, but it's 90% pure insanity.

Piers Morgan might have had as much to do with it as Talksport listeners.

I quite want it for political updates from all sides so follow relevant politicians/commentators/ activists but just find its the same old shite they are sharing. Follow a few footballers which is fine but it still just doesn't do it for me, i always see how people have seen stuff on Twitter but i never see it for myself so I'm definitely doing it wrong. Facebook is completely dead to me but i am too polite to delete the people on it who i don't really know and don't want to get rid of it altogether just in case it comes in handy one day. 

If you follow the right people throbber it's fucking brilliant.

I'm aware of that, that's why I'm asking who's best to follow!

Everything you're interested in. [emoji23]

I follow all 42 clubs, 43 including the Shire. Every single NFL team. All the best Scottish football accounts/journos that give you any news quickly. Comedians I like, Frankie Boyle/Limmy etc. The odd celeb that I like. Footballers I like. And then even guys off podcasts that I like such as the terrace or soccer fm. Plus a fair few PnB'ers now.

Can't really pick and choose for you but that's the general idea there. Pretty content with mine now, older mate in work has exactly the same problem as you. Can't get the best out of it as a massive Dee fan and is always looking at my phone to see the Dundee stuff/news that pops up on mine.

When I started using Twitter it was media accounts and other official accounts then there was the list on this very thread. So I followed most if not all of them over time and they in turn will retweet other Scottish fitba fans onto your timeline and follow them too.
Because of my work in social care and my on and off again love of baking I have followed people in those directions too.
I like ordinary folk on my timeline, a few hundred followers and no wee tick thing, and to date I follow one Rangers fan and one Celtic. Couldn't suffer any more clogging up my TL with their shit.

11 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

What do people think of Alba commentator Alex O'Henley? A lot of his tweets seem to be rumours he's read in other places and writing 'I understand' in front of them.

Yep. The king of passing off other people's content.

Facebook is keeping in touch whilst keeping a distance with people that you know simply through geography. Twitter is who you want to be pals with, and a few roasters that you fortunately have no real ties with after your 5th year graphic design class

Edited by Smurph