Thanks to @Melanius Mullarkay for pointing us to the writings of Jim Spence. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/opinion/4603825/jim-spence-rishi-sunak-stephen-flynn-snp/

I’ve never met Elon Musk and it’s unlikely I ever will.

However I’m grateful to him for giving me a platform on Twitter which allows me to chew the fat, generally indulge in nonsense and disseminate my Courier column and other thoughts to the world at large, or more precisely to the 85.5k thousand followers daft enough to put up with my musings.

Mr Musk gives me this facility free.

I could pay him for the blue tick which some folk think bestows a special status but I’m just delighted he allows me a platform free gratis which is a valuable means of communication and a bit of fun into the bargain.

Many folk have a problem with him and his ownership of Twitter.

He recently rebranded it with an X instead of a blue bird which has caused me no appreciable problems whatsoever, and yet some gurners have complained about that too.

Many moaners complain about Twitter and some have left for other lesser online services, only to return with tails between their legs.

It seems even giving stuff away free in today’s world doesn’t absolve you from criticism but Musk’s free Twitter still smells good to me

Musk is suing a campaign group that recently criticised Twitter. The case seems quite weak but these lawfare attempts often are. The strategy is less about winning the case and more about just tying up the critic in a costly and time-consuming legal battle. That has the effect of both stopping that specific critic in their tracks as well as serving as a warning to other would-be critics that they too will face this in response.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66376988