14 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

Anyone have an opinion on this take? My instinctual response (so without properly thinking) is towards agreement. 

Probably to do with their attention span, vast majority of them will be used to tiktok and Instagram which pays out after 30 seconds. Reading something for hours/ days isn't going to cut it anymore.

19 hours ago, TxRover said:

Are the phones reading to them, or are they reading the phones?

Aye, it doesn't stop anyone studying as that's all done from reading screens nowadays. I'm not sure what the precise debate is which that tweet is referencing.

Personally, I've never had any problem with studying, where I'm more actively engaging with what I read. Yet I've always been completely shit with more passive reading like reading books.

I mean............I empathise with this person being in a chair, but I have to say - shes no really tried very hard has she?

There are hunners of restaurants in Edinburgh that are fully accessible (as can be seen in the replies to her), I cant speak for Aberdeen but dont imagine the situation is much different.

8 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I mean............I empathise with this person being in a chair, but I have to say - shes no really tried very hard has she?

There are hunners of restaurants in Edinburgh that are fully accessible (as can be seen in the replies to her), I cant speak for Aberdeen but dont imagine the situation is much different.

Couldn't someone have taken a tray out to her?

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Biggest problem is restaurants that don't have a downstairs accessible toilet, but you find that out when you phone up to book, along with any other accessibility issues. Most of the restaurants on Union Street at least, have level doors with the pavement, so I don't know what they're on about. 

Edited by welshbairn

18 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Most of the restaurants on Union Street at least, have level doors with the pavement, so I don't know what they're on about. 

Been a while since I was in Aberdeen but a lot of the shops and restaurants on Union Street actually occupy a level below the street (I think Union St is really a road bridge over the railway that's been built up around) and have escalators and stairs down. Guessing a lot don't have lifts. But then further up the street, Poundland for one I'm sure is level with the street, so f**k knows)

4 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I once queued outside for 16 hours to get T In The Park tickets. Kids today don't know they're born 

My mate who worked in the town got sent to queue at the Apollo for tickets when required. For 1982 WC we booked at the local AT Mays and were told when to come back to pick up rail and flight tickets. Then round to the Post Office for one year passports, as we didn't have a real one between 5 of us.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Thanks feel extremely old now.

My Dad once received tickets for a Scotland V England match at Hampden via the public ballot.  I can still remember the excitement when the envelope arrived in the post with two tickets. 

Something in my head is telling me to call the tickets "briefs"... is that still a thing?

2 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

My Dad once received tickets for a Scotland V England match at Hampden via the public ballot.  I can still remember the excitement when the envelope arrived in the post with two tickets. 

Something in my head is telling me to call the tickets "briefs"... is that still a thing?

Only if you write in the Record or the Sun.

There was a bit in The Scotsman about World Cup tickets a while back and fun fact, the young lad he writes about buying his tickets for WC 74 is actually my dad.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/sport-opinion/2030-will-be-the-end-of-the-world-cup-as-we-know-it-smelling-of-the-most-exclusive-steak-4363594